Welcome to the student advisory service.
Please include your matriculation number, your degree program and your exam regulations in your e-mails. If you contact us more than once about something, use the reply feature of your e-mail program so that we can find all the information in one e-mail. Please note that processing your request can take at least a week.
General questions about your English studies
Before you write an e-mail: Read the syllabus, check the website, read your module descriptions – put in the legwork before sending off your questions. Chances are, you will find an answer on Learnweb or on the website.
Angleichungsstudien nach LZV
Please contact the LZV office before you get in touch with us: https://www.uni-muenster.de/Pruefungsamt1/lzv-buero/LZV.html
Study abroad with ERASMUS or as freemover
Consultation for outgoings (issuing of learning agreements, recognition of credit points achieved abroad).
Credit points achieved at another university / in another study programme at the English Department.
Work Experience Abroad (for students studying to become teachers)
Work Experience (abroad) during your studies (issuing of learning agreements, recognition of credit points achieved abroad), pre-university stays abroad (Work Experience).
Cases of hardship
- Maternity briefing for students (Mutterschutzunterweisung)
- Support with course selection and study organization
Admission of study@home applications for the Culture & Communication Module.
Check our Learnweb course Studienberatung Englisches Seminar.
Prüfung und Unterschrift des Formulars zur Weiterförderung (Formblatt 5) / Auslandsbafög (Formblatt 6)
I. GENERAL MATTERS
- Individual consultation on course selection and schedule → Check your study regulations (Prüfungsordnung)
- General information on switching universities → Contact Student Admissions Office (Studierendensekretariat)
- Consultation on the Berufsfeldpraktikum → Contact the Zentrum für Lehrerbildung
- Questions concerning QISPOS (How do I register for exams?) → Contact the Fachschaft (fsanglistik[at]uni-muenster.de)
- Problems with QISPOS (You cannot register for your exams etc.?) → Contact the Examination Office (Prüfungsamt I) within the registration period (https://www.uni-muenster.de/studium/en/pruefungen/QISPOS_FAQ.html)
- Need a Transcript of Records → Contact the Examination Office (Prüfungsamt I) about 10 working days before you need the document. Incoming exchange students contact their Erasmus/Exchange Coordinator.
- Course allocation
If you forgot to register → check the procedure of the post-allocation phase (see under registration or news) or try again next semester.
Contact: Learnweb course “Nachmeldeverfahren Englisches Seminar”, enrolment key: Nachmeldungen
If you need to change a course placement due to a valid reason → Contact: Learnweb course “Nachmeldeverfahren Englisches Seminar”, enrolment key: Nachmeldungen
II. CONCERNING STAYS ABROAD
General information about staying abroad and financing
→ General information and study abroad: International Office
→ Work Experience: Career Service
ERASMUS applications outgoings and distribution of places → Learnweb course ERASMUS English Department (Outgoing), enrolment key: ERASMUS
Questions concerning the Intercultural Dossier → Contact Dr. Kopeckova (interdos[at]uni-muenster.de)
Language certificates are not issued here → Contact the Sprachenzentrum
If you need a certificate stating that your study programme is conducted in English, check the Learnweb folder "Study Abroad Outgoing".