All BA students are required to go abroad as part of EITHER the Culture & Communication OR the Work Experience Module. To complete the module, you will have to submit the Intercultural Dossier.
- the duration of the stay abroad is 12 weeks (but can be split into two separate stays abroad of any length, i.e. two stays of six weeks or one stay of 10 weeks and the second of two weeks)
- for the Culture & Communication Module you have to obtain 7 credit points at an English-speaking university
- for the Work Experience Module you have to work for 210 hours in an English-speaking country
Bitte beachten Sie,
dass für Lehramtsstudierende § 11 Abs. 10 LABG gilt: „Das Studium moderner Fremdsprachen umfasst mindestens einen Auslandsaufenthalt von drei Monaten Dauer in einem Land, in dem die studierte Sprache als Landessprache gesprochen wird; Hochschulen können im Einzelfall eine Ausnahme vom Auslandsaufenthalt zulassen, wenn eine in der Person der oder des Studierenden oder in der Person nächster Angehöriger begründete schwerwiegende Mobilitätseinschränkung vorliegt und die Ausnahmegenehmigung dokumentiert wird.“ Alle bereits unterschriebenen learning agreements haben weiterhin Bestand.
Recognition of your stay abroad
If you would like to have your stay abroad recognised, please send us:
- your name
- study programme
- matriculation number
- An authenticated transcript of records/learning agreement from the university abroad OR a confirmation by your employer of 210 working hours completed
- Train or flight tickets showing that you have spent 12 weeks abroad
Please send these documents
Recognition of pre-university stays abroad
You have already been abroad prior to your studies and would like to have this recognised for the Work Experience Module? This is only possible if the stay abroad was completed within the year before you took up your studies. Please send us:
- Your name, study programme and matriculation number
- A confirmation by your employer of 210 working hours completed
- Train or flight tickets showing that you have spent at least 12 weeks abroad
Please send these documents to anerkes[at]wwu.de.
Cases of hardship (Härtefälle)
Information and guidance for your stay abroad
The International Office [de] offers students several information sessions on planning and financing a semester / year abroad.
The Career Service [de] gives information for internships abroad and financial support for this.
For information on educational exchange, you can also turn to the ZfL (Adeline Weinberg). The ZfL has also established an internship platform: https://zfl-pdb.uni-muenster.de/ [de]
The Student Advisory (email@example.com) is responsible for distributing information on study abroad programmes for both German and international students. Any administrative questions on staying abroad should be directed toward this office.