Updates and Announcements
Remaining ERasmus Places for the winter term 2018/19
University of Eastern Finland - 1 place
Application deadline: Beginning of April. For more information on the application materials please click here
SHORT ESSAY TASK FOR THIS YEAR'S MA NTS APPLICATION period ONLINE!
The short essay task for this year's application period for the MA NTS programme is now online! Click here for more information.
Please note that construction work is currently underway at the north entrance of the English Department (Jesuitengang) due to the setup of a new parking system for bicycles.
New Exhibition in the Department Library!
In celebration of Jonathan Swift's 350th birthday, the Ehrenpreis Centre for Swift Studies has set up "An Exhibition of Gulliver's Travels in exotic languages" on the second floor of the Department Library. Feel free to have a look around!
Interdisciplinary certificate of north american studies
The Faculties of Philology, Educational Studies, Social Studies and History/Philosophy offer a new certificate for students of the WWU.
Further information is available here (German) and on the correspondent website (German).
OTHER INFORMATION (GeRMAN)
Dates and Deadlines
Allocation of remaining places on courses of the English Department for the summer semester 2018
For students in higher semesters of their degree programme (2nd semester onwards):
If you have missed the HIS-LSF online registration deadline for courses offered by the English Department (as well as the one-week manual allocation phase offered by the Student Advisory Service in late January/early February), or if there were other reasons why you have not received a place on such courses, please do the following:
- For lectures, places can still be allocated via the normal HIS-LSF registration process, even after the deadline. So please use HIS-LSF.
- For other course types (e.g. B.A. seminars, practical skills courses / Übungen, and postgraduate classes), remaining places are now allocated directly by the course teachers; please contact them if necessary.
Cases of hardship should, however, contact the student advisory service first.
For 1st-semester M.Ed. students:
- Online registration on HIS-LSF * from 3 to 8 April 2018
for all students who are already matriculated at that time
(announcement of allocation results: 9 April 2018, 6 p.m.)
* Please note: If there is more than one course/group available for a certain course type (e.g. different seminars in the same module), register for more than 1 option (normally the system expects 3), in order of preference; otherwise the software will reject your application. Also, please avoid timetable overlaps because the software cannot correct overlaps by itself.
- For students who are not yet matriculated during the HIS-LSF online registration phase:
Manual registration at the Student Advisory Service from 10 to 12 April 2018 (within the regular office hours except for Tuesday, 10 April, when office hours start at 10 instead of 9.30)
- Registration within these periods is obligatory; otherwise course participation is not possible. There will be no further registration period. The Student Advisory Service offers individual counselling.
- The course overview is available here.
HIS-LSF registration for courses of future semesters
Information on dates and deadlines for HIS-LSF registration for courses offered by the English Department for future semesters will be made available on this website as soon as they are finalised.