General information for first-semester students (BA)
Please be sure to follow these steps once you have successfully enrolled for English studies at the University of Münster.
1. The C-Test
After enrolment, all students are expected to take the “C-Test” [de].
This test is meant to give you a realistic idea of the current level of your English language abilities. Students who do not achieve at least 70 points in the demo-version of the C-test are asked to improve their language skills independently during the first semester and to re-take the demo-version of the C-test at the beginning of the second semester.
2. Course registration
Students must register for classes electronically on the LSF/QISPOS-PORTAL [de] within the designated registration period before the start of the semester. You received the login information with your enrolment documents. Please be sure to closely follow the module descriptions that appear in the programmes of study (Studienordnung) for your respectice study programme.
Here you can find the current programmes of study: https://www.uni-muenster.de/Anglistik/Study/Programmes.html
Download: Overview of all first year courses (pdf)
- For courses where more than one time-slot is available, students must choose at least three options.
- You can confirm your course choices by clicking on the “Belegen/Abmelden” link and following the steps on the next page.
- First semester students receive all information concerning class enrolment during the welcome and introductory meeting in October.
- The dates will be made available under the News section on the webpage of the English Department well in advance.
3. Information sessions
Please make sure to join us for our orientation event for BA-students on October 4th at 10-12 a.m. The event takes place at the English Department, Johannisstraße 12-20, Audi Max. We look forward to seeing you there!
The department's staff , student advisory service and Fachschaft [de] also offer various information sessions and meet-and-greet events for first-semester students during orientation week.
4. Frequently asked questions (FAQ)