By re-registering, you inform the University that you wish to continue your studies in the following semester. To re-register, all you have to do is pay the semester fee within the prescribed four-week re-registration period regardless of whether you plan to change degree programmes, apply for admission to a new programme or request a leave of absence. Around three weeks before classes of the particular semester end, you will receive an invitation to re-register for the next semester through an email into your uni account. At the same time, you will have access to the information on your re-registration via the SelfService.
You may choose one of two methods to pay the semester fee: the SEPA direct debit scheme or electronic transfer.
SEPA direct debit scheme
You can simplify the process of re-registering by having the payment of the semester fee automatically debited from your bank account via the SEPA direct debit scheme. To do this, log on to the SelfService. Click on "Requests", "Create Request" and "Management > SEPA dircet debit authorization". When you save the data, you automatically grant the University of Münster permission to directly debit your account. It is not necessary to send a written request form.
The semester fee is then debited from your account every semester thereafter. We send an email to your university email account two weeks in advance, detailing the amount and date of the debit. You may rescind your mandate at any time, and upon de-registration (exmatriculation), the mandate is automatically terminated.
After receiving the request for payment of the semester fee via email, log on to the SelfService portal.
You can view the semester fee which you have to pay by clicking on "Requests", request form "Re-registration", menu tab "Fees". This amount takes into account any overpayments or outstanding fees from the previous semester.
Please transfer the semester fee to the account of the University of Münster indicated on the page. Under the section "Verwendungszweck" (intended purpose), please remember to include the 12-digit reference number (without spaces or hyphens).
You haven't received an email from us?
If you don't receive an email from us, notifying you to pay your semester fee, this might be due to one of the following reasons:
- Your @uni-muenster.de account might be automatically forwarding your emails to an invalid email address.
- Your email box might be full, preventing you from receiving any new emails.
- Our email might have landed in your spam folder.
Visit the WWU-IT-Portal where you can also sign in to your WWU email account.
Other important information about re-registration
- The semester fee must be deposited in the account of the University Cash Office by the given deadline. Please note that it can take up to a week after transferral before receipt of your payment is confirmed in the SelfService, which you can view by clicking on "Requests", request form "Re-registration" and the menu tab "Fees".
- After payment of the semester fee has been deposited into the account of the University Cash Office, your re-registration status will change from "Preliminarily Excluded" to "Approved" and you will be able to download your semester and BAföG certificates under the menu tab "Documents".
- After your re-registration status is changed to "Approved" you can four weeks before semester starts download your VGM/ NRW semester ticket and the semester ticket for cultural events in the SelfService portal by clicking on "Semester tickets".
- If you fail to submit your re-registration request on time, a late payment fee of € 1.50 will be billed to your account. The surcharge and semester fee will be deducted from your bank account and listed accordingly in your fees statement, which you can view by clicking request form "Re-registration" and the menu tab "Fees".