Exchange programmes worldwide

© shutterstock

Partner universities

In addition to the European Erasmus programme, the University of Münster has concluded numerous exchange agreements with universities around the world. Basically, every student at the University of Münster is eligible to apply for a place in these student exchange programmes.
List of partner universities worldwide


If you wish to study abroad at a non-European partner university, you must apply directly to the International Office of the University of Münster. In the following you will find information about the required application documents and submission deadlines.
Information and application documents


In most cases students of the University of Münster receive a tuition waiver from their non-European partner university. In order to finance your travel expenses and living costs abroad, you can apply for a scholarship or financial aid (BAföG) for study abroad.
More on financing options

Study visa

When you get your acceptance letter confirming your study place at the non-European host university, you will also receive an official invitation along with other country-specific documents. With the invitation and documents in hand, you must then apply for a study visa at the country's diplomatic mission in Germany.
More information on study visas


Semester abroad? Absolutely!

What did our students experience during their internship (or studies) abroad? Check out why it's worth it: video reports

Now it's your turn!