Required documents for enrolment
The following documents are required for enrolment from first-time students, transfer students, returning students and students who wish to enrol in a new programme.
- For locally restricted-admission degree programmes: printed and signed enrolment form, along with the letter of admission OR
- For non-restricted degree programmes, continuing education programmes and doctoral programmes: printed and signed enrolment form
- Authenticated copy of your university entrance qualification (e.g. Abitur certificate)
- For locally restricted-admission degree programmes: authenticated copy of your certificate of service (recognised service performed at a recognised organisation for at least six months)
- the digital transmission from the statutory health insurance company about your insurance status ("Meldung 10")
- For students who have already studied at a German university: certificate of exmatriculation and certicate confirming periods of study (including total university semesters, degree programme semesters and leaves of absence)
- If applicable, authenticated copy of certificates from past degree programmes issued by universities or universities of applied sciences (intermediate and final examinations)
- For enrolment at a higher semester in a non-restricted degree programme: proof of completed semesters of study in the same degree programme or certificate from a degree course advisor recognising past academic achievement (placement)
- For doctoral programmes: confirmation of doctoral supervision as provided in the enrolment form, or letter of admission from the doctoral examination board
- For teaching degree programmes in Sports, Music and Musical Practice/New Media: confirmation of degree programme-related aptitude issued by the respective faculty of the University of Münster
- For continuing education programmes: certificate from the faculty/department offering the continuing education programme
- For postal enrolments: a self-addressed and sufficient stamped envelope (A4)
- Certificate confirming a change of surname (e.g. marriage certificate) if some of your submitted documents bear your former surname
If you fail to provide required documents, we will not be able to enrol you. Only in exceptional, justified cases can we enrol students on the condition that they hand in a missing document at a later time.