Video series "Sustainability at the University of Münster": The research project "MikroPlaTaS “
A feature on the project "Microplastics in dams and reservoirs: sedimentation, distribution, effects (MikroPlaTaS)" has been published in the series Sustainability at the WWU (in German Language).
A new video informs about the project on which Dr. Friederike Gabel and Diana Michler-Kozma
are the involved researchers at ILÖK. Numerous theses have also been written in this field of reserach.
New publications at the ILÖK
- Hamer, U.; Meyer, M.U.T.; Meyer, U.-N.; Radermacher, A.; Götze, P.; Koch, H.-J.; & Scherber, C. (2021): Soil microbial biomass and enzyme kinetics for the assessment of temporal diversification in agroecosystems. Basic and Applied Ecology. doi: 10.1016/j.baae.2021.03.014 [en]
- Kupilas, B.; Burdon, F.J.; Thaulow, J.; Håll, J.; Mutinova, P.T.; Forio, M.A.E.; Witing, F.; Rîșnoveanu, G.; Goethals, P.; McKie, B.G.; Friberg, N. (2021): Forested Riparian Zones Provide Important Habitat for Fish in Urban Streams. Water 13, 877 [doi:10.3390/w13060877]
- Lampinen J, Tuomi M, Fischer LK, Neuenkamp L, Alday JG, Bucharova A, … Klaus VH (2021): Acceptance of near-natural greenspace management relates to ecological and socio-cultural assigned values among European urbanites. Basic and Applied Ecology 50, 119-131 [doi:10.1016/j.baae.2020.10.006]
- Heim RJ, Bucharova A, Brodt L, Kamp J, Rieker D, Soromotin AV, Yurtaev A, Hölzel N (2021): Post-fire vegetation succession in the Siberian subarctic tundra over 45 years. Science of The Total Environment 760, 143425 [doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.143425], Preprint: [doi:10.1101/756163]
- Heim W*, Wobker J*, Schmaljohann H (2021): Sex, age, molt strategy and migration distance explain the phenology of songbirds at a stopover along the East Asian flyway. Behavioural Ecology and Sociobiology 75 [doi:10.1007/s00265-020-02957-3] *joint first authorship
- Felipe-Lucia M, Soliveres S, Penone C, Fischer M, Ammer C, Boch S, Boeddinghaus RS, Bonkowski M, Buscot F, Fiore-Donno AM, Frank K, Goldmann K, Gossner MM, Hölzel N, Jochum M, Kandeler E, Klaus VH, Kleinebecker T, Leimer S, Manning P, Oelmann Y, Saiz H, Schall P, Schloter M, Schöning I, Schrumpf M, Solly EF, Stempfhuber B, Weiser WW, Wilcke W, Wubet T, Allan E (2020): Land-use intensity alters biodiversity - ecosystem function - service networks. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 117, 28140-28149 [doi:10.1073/pnas.2016210117]
- Moral Á.; Garrido-Benavent I.; Durán J.; Lehmann JRK; Rodríguez A.; Heiðmarsson S.; Ríos A. (2021): Are recently deglaciated areas at both poles colonised by the same bacteria? FEMS Microbiology Letters 2021, Nr. fnab011 [doi:10.1093/femsle/fnab011]
- Oldeland, J.; Revermann, R.; Luther-Mosebach, J.; Buttschardt, T.; Lehmann, J. R. K. (2021): New tools for old problems - Comparing drone and field-based assessments of a problematic plant species. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 193 (2), 90 [doi:10.1007/s10661-021-08852-2]
Looking back: 49th annual conference of the GfÖ in Münster
From 9th to 13th September the ILÖK hosted the 49th annual conference of the Ecological Society of Germany, Austria and Switzerland (GfÖ) in the premises of the Fürstenberghaus. With 689 participants from 25 countries, the conference was one of the best attended GfÖ conferences in the past decades. In eight parallel sessions 380 talks and 180 posters were presented. According to the theme of the conference, many sessions dealt with topical environmental policy issues, such as urban air hygiene, climate change, the decline of insect populations and agricultural policy. The German-language sessions of the "Praktikertag" proved to be a demanded forum for exchange between researchers and practitioners of nature conservation and environmental protection. The conference ended with a conference dinner followed by a club night at the music club Jovel, excursions to the Emsaue and Rieselfelder Münster as well as to the ILÖK's restoration projects in limestone quarries of the Teutoburg Forest and peat extraction sites near Vechta.
25 years Institute of Landscape Ecology
This year, the ILÖK celebrates its 25th anniversary. On this occasion the institute had invited on 10.09.2019 in the context of the annual conference of the Ecological Society of Germany, Austria and Switzerland (GfÖ) in Münster to a small celebration, attended by more than 80 former and active institute members. Also present were the two founding fathers of the Institute, Prof. Dr. Karl-Friedrich Schreiber and Prof. Dr. Friedrich-Karl Holtmeier, whose untiring efforts over many years have largely led to the founding of the Institute. After greetings of the dean of the department Prof. Dr. Harald Strauss and of the former AStA chairman and ILÖK graduate Dr. Josef Tumbrinck (today sub-department head nature conservation in the BMU), the managing director of the institute Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Norbert Hölzel gave a brief overview of the development of the Institute since its foundation [de] in 1994. The evening ended with a lively exchange and a friendly get-together of the guests.