Setting up WLAN under iOS
- You have installed at least iOS 8.
- To use the WWU' Wi-Fi a profile is required. Otherwise it is not possible to do the setup correctly. (Specifically, this is about the definition of the "external identity".)
- If you have already used the network of Münster University, you have to delete the previous settings. Depending on whether you have set up the WLAN manually or via profile, follow the corresponding instructions for deleting.
Note: To download the profile, you can use our guest Wi-Fi GuestOnCampus.
If Necessary: Remove Manually Configured WiFi
Open the WiFi Settings
Open the settings and tap "WiFi".
2. Select Network
Tap the "(i)" behind the network "wwu" (or "eduroam").
3. Ignore the Network
Tap "Ignore this network".
4. Delete network
Touch "Ignore". The network is now deleted
If Necessary: Remove Existing Profile
1. Open the Settings and Tap General
Open the Settings and tap "General".
2. Open Profiles
3. Open WWU WiFi Profiles
Tap on the profile that connects you to the network "wwu" (or "eduroam"). The names may have been changed during setup.
4. Remove the Profile
Select "Remove profile".
Enter the code you used to secure your iOS device.
6. Remove the profile
Click "Remove". The profile has been removed.
Setting up the WiFi
1.1 Download the Profile for wwu
Download the WiFi profile for the web "wwu" via this link wwu or the shown QR code.
1.2 Download the Profile for eduroam
Download the WiFi profile for the web "eduroam" via this link eduroam or the shown QR code.
2. Installing the profile
Open the WiFi profile "wwu" (or "eduroam") with Safari. Then tap "Install".
Enter the code you used to secure your iPhone.
Tap "Install" again.
6. Enter Your User ID
Enter your university e-mail address (YourWWU-ID@uni-muenster.de). Tap "Next".
7. Entering the Password for Network Access
Enter your password for network access and confirm with "Next".
8. Complete the Installation
Tap "Done" to complete the installation.
9. WiFi Connection
As soon as you reach the network of Münster University, you will automatically be connected to the WiFi.