Video Conference Room & Video Conference Technology
Video conference room at WWU IT, Röntgenstraße 7 (for about 10 people).
Videoconferences (H.323) can be held securely and encrypted over the internet in the WWU IT videoconference room. Video conferencing systems offer high video and audio quality. Zoom meetings (H.323 connector required - WWU Zoom accounts have this automatically) and participation in DFNconf are also possible, even with multiple remote stations and simultaneous telephone participants (SKYPE is not supported). Simultaneous transmission of documents and presentations is possible. Users are supported by WWU IT technicians from planning to implementation. The use of the room is free of charge for WWU employees.
The video conference room has the following equipment:
- Video conferencing systems YEALINK VC800
- PC with internet connection
- Media control via Wireless Crestron Touchpad
- HDMI input for Notebook / USB Dongle for Yealink VC800 (Desktop Presentation)
- Projection of the conference partner on screen
- Projection of the self-image on 47" TFT display
- Extensive audio and video mixing technology
- Multipoint video conferences via DFN-MCU [de]
- Audio conference telephone Konftel NI200
Video Conference Technology
The WWU IT's video conferencing technology also enables more complex usage scenarios such as global multipoint video conferences from WWU lecture rooms or live streams from operating rooms in the medical field. You can find concrete examples in our overview.