Exploring and Shaping Sustainability
In addition to pursuing their own subject-relevant research, scientists at the University of Münster are applying inter- and transdisciplinary approaches in the emerging field “Exploring and Shaping Sustainability” to develop scientifically exceptional and socially relevant innovations and strategies for facilitating transformations in sustainability. They understand that sustainable development will play an increasingly decisive role for the future of life on Earth and are thus jointly developing empirical, normative and applied transformative research perspectives in order to produce analytical, evaluative, integrative, and wherever appropriate, practical contributions to public discourse and offer concrete solutions to real-world problems. In the context of sustainability and the systemic challenges it poses, fostering knowledge integration through inter- and transdisciplinarity is of particular importance.
The future-oriented potential of the emerging field “Exploring and Shaping Sustainability” is underscored by various joint EU- and BMFB-financed projects. Sustainability is also driving force behind the University of Münster’s participation in the Ulysseus European University network and other international structures being created within this network.
Spotlights: Teaching and transfer
Arbeitskreis nachhaltige Stadtentwicklung in der Wissenschaftsallianz Münster
Reallabore: z.B. Reallabor Corrensstr.
ZIN Blog: nach-haltig-gedacht.de
Infrastructures and research centres
- Münster Electrochemical Energy Technology (MEET)
- Internationale Forschungsschule für Batterie-Chemie, Charakterisierung, Analyse, Recycling und Anwendung (BACCARA)
- Helmholtz-Institut Münster (HI MS)
- Virtuelles Institut Smart Energy (VISE)
- Fraunhofer-Einrichtung Forschungsfertigung Batteriezelle (FFB)
- Zentrum für Interdisziplinäre Nachhaltigkeitsforschung (ZIN)
- REACH EUREGIO Start-up Center
- Research Lab Democracy and Sustainability am IfPol
- Research Center for Business Transformation (ChanCe, derzeit im Aufbau)