All applicant groups
Your application requires the following steps:
- You have to apply online for all restricted and non-restricted master's degree programmes in the first semester via our online application [en]during the application period. You may apply for up to three master's degree programmes in one online application.
- After submitting your online application, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with an attached check sheet (pdf file). In the e-mail, you will be informed about all the steps that are now necessary for a complete application on time.
- You log in to your info portal.
- You have to upload all required documents for your respective applications within the application period [en]. The respective deadline is indicated on your check sheet.
- Your application is complete as soon as you have uploaded all of the required degree-program specific documents. Now you can no longer access or exchange your uploaded documents. If you need to exchange an uploaded document, you have to contact the Student Admissions Office.
You will be asked to upload the following documents:
- University entrance qualification (final degree certificate of secondary, senior, high or middle school)
- Transcript of Records including your GPA (grade point average)
- Certificate of sufficient language proficiency (German and/or English depending on the degree programme)
Please note that we often require additional documents, e.g.:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Bachelor's degree certificate (or preliminary certificate, if applicable) with the minimum grade/Transcript of Records spanning at least five semesters
- Certificate of additional language knowledge (e.g. English, French etc.)
- Letter of motivation
- Additional qualifications (work placements, internships etc.)
- For other additional documents required for application, please check the admission requirements of the respective master's degree programme (see our study guide) as well as the upload fields in your info portal.
If your certificates are issued in a language other than German or English, please upload the document in original language together with an official translation of this in German or English in one file.
As part of your online application, you confirmed that you regulary check your application status in your info portal. We recommend that you log in your info portal at least once a week.