Applicants from non-EU/non-EEA countries with a secondary school-leaving certificate or university degree issued outside of Germany
Your application is comprised of the following steps:
- You have to apply for all restricted and non-restricted master degree programmes in the first semester via our Application Portal during the application period(s). You may apply for up to three master degree programmes in one online application.
- After submitting your online application, you will receive a condirmation via email that the university has received your application and an attached check sheet (Kontrollblatt) which you can save on your computer.
- You log in the Info Portal.
- You have to upload all required documents necessary for processing your respective applications within the application period. At this stage you can no longer access or exchange your uploaded documents. If you need to exchange an uploaded document, you have to contact the Student Admissions Office.
- The check sheet contains instructions and submission deadlines for additional documents which we require to further process your applications. The respective deadlines are included in the check sheet. Please submit authenticated copies of all certificates.
- Your application is complete as soon as you have uploaded all of the required master degree programme specific documents and they arrived by post in time at us.
You will be asked to upload and send the following documents to us by post together with the signed check sheet:
- Foreign university entrance qualification (final degree certificate of secondary school, senior school, high school or middle school)
- Transcript of Records including your GPA (grade point average)
- Certificate of sufficient language proficiency (German or English depending on the degree programme)
Please note that we often require additional documents, e.g.:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Bachelor's degree certificate (or preliminary certificate, if applicable) with the minimum grade/Transcript of Records spanning at least five semesters
- Certificate of additional language knowledge (e.g. English, French etc.)
- Letter of motivation
- Additional qualifications (work placements, internships etc.)
- For other additional documents required for application, please read the admission requirements of the respective master degree programme (see our Study Guide [de]).
Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants must also submit an APS certificate.
If you apply for several master degree programmes, please include separate copies of your written documents for each master degree programme you applied for. This is necessary because applications are reviewed by independent selection committees in each master degree programme.
If your application is designated as a special case, you have to send us additional documents by post. Specific instructions and the corresponding submission deadlines will be included in the check sheet.
If your certificates are issued in a language other than German or English, please upload or send us copies of the original language together with an official translation of these in German or English.
Please check the status of your application on a regular basis in our Info Portal.