Setting up a VPN Connection with iOS
- You have installed an up-to-date version of iOS.
- You have set your network access password in the IT Portal.
Installation of the VPN-Client
1. Download of the AnyConnect App
Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN-Client. Alternatively you can find the app in the AppStore.
2. Opening the App
After successful download, open the AnyConnect App.
3. Adding the VPN Connection
Tap on "Connections".
4. Adding the VPN Connection
Tap on "Add VPN Connection...".
5. Entering the Serveraddress
Choose description for the network (e.g. WWU) and enter vpn.uni-muenster.de as the server address and save.
6. Allowing the VPN-Connection
Tap on "Allow" to add the VPN-Connection. Confirm by entering your passcode, Touch-ID or Face-ID.
Starting & Ending the VPN-Connection
1. Starting the VPN Connection
Open the app and move the AnyConnect VPN slider to the right (green background).
2. Entering Your User Data
Enter your WWU ID and your password for network access and tap on "Connect" afterwards. (Note: The network access password this is not your normal WWU password. You can set it in the IT Portal.)
3. Established VPN Connection
The status "Connected" as well as the small "VPN" displayed at the status bar at the top of the screen indicate that the VPN connection has been established successfully.
4. Disconnecting the VPN Connection
If the VPN connection is no longer needed, open the app and move the AnyConnect-VPN slider to the left (grey background). This will disconnect the connection.