Using pLANet.X under Linux
Requirement: You have installed the latest root certificate (CER).
Configuration under Ubuntu (18.04)
1. Network Connection
Before using pLANet.X for the first time, your PC must be configured. Open the status menu in the upper right corner. Choose the option "Connecting" and click on "Wired Settings". Afterwards, add a new profile under "Wired".
2. Security Settings
Choose the "Security" tab and make the following settings:
- 802.1x-Security: enable
- Authentication: ProtectedEAP (PEAP)
- Anonymous Identity: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CA-certificate: T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2 (if applicable install it before, see Specific Requirements)
- Inner Legitimation: MSCHAPv2
- User Name: YourWWU-ID@uni-muenster.de
- Password: Your password for network access