Housing for students

A wide selection of accommodation is available to those who come to study in Münster. In addition to several privately operated residence halls, the Studierendenwerk offers students a large range of furnished and unfurnished rooms. Many choose to share the cost of a normal flat with fellow students in so-called "WGs" (Wohngemeinschaften, or flat shares). You can find WG offers and classified ads for private flats in various newspapers and websites.

Testfight Photocase7398858455294831 1 1
© testfight/photocase.com

"Studierzimmer" in Münster campaign

It's not always easy for first-time students to find a place to live in Münster. "Studierzimmer" is a campaign by the University and the University of Applied Sciences, AStAs, the Studierendenwerk and the City of Münster. It helps students find accommodation by putting them in contact with people who are offering flats or rooms to let. In addition to offers by AStA and the Studierendenwerk, the service also includes regional and supraregional online housing exchanges.

© AStA

"Your couch for Erstis"

The General Student Committee (AStA) offers a housing exchange for apartment seekers.

student apartment
© Uni MS - Studentenwerk Münster


The Studierendenwerk (Student Support Services) operates 19 centrally-located student halls of residence in Münster for about 4.500 students. The choices of accommodation range from inexpensive rooms with shared kitchens and bathrooms, to fully-furnished one-person apartments. They also offer two- to six-room flats as WGs (flat shares) and houses especially suited for families with children. You can find more information on the Studierendenwerk website. The Studierendenwerk strongly advises you to apply as early as possible for a place in a dormitory.

Studierendenwerk Münster
Bismarckallee 5 | 48151 Münster
Tel.: +49 251 83-79553
Fax: +49 251 83-79597