Application for the Mathematics Münster PhD Programme
The Mathematics Münster Graduate School at the University of Münster, Germany, is offering up to 6
(salary level E13 TV-L, 75%)
to commence at the earliest possible date and no later than October 2021, in all fields of mathematics related to the work of the Cluster of Excellence Mathematics Münster: “Dynamics – Geometry –Structure”.
We are offering fixed-term part-time positions (75%) for 3 years. Some of the positions are funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), for example through the Cluster of Excellence Mathematics Münster or the Collaborative Research Centre “Geometry: Deformations and Rigidity”, some by the European Research Council grant “Amenability, Approximation and Reconstruction”, and some by the mathematical institutes of the University of Münster. The financial terms of the positions remain consistent regardless of the funding source. The main selection criterion is scientific excellence.
This position is tied to working towards a doctorate (Dr. rer. nat.) in any of the fields of mathematics related to the Cluster of Excellence Mathematics Münster. Employees may be required to teach up to 3 hours per week during the semester depending on the source of funding.
- a master's degree or equivalent in mathematics or a related field is required
- the ability to work independently and in a team
- a high level of motivation and enjoyment in scientific work
- good English communication skills; German language skills are not a requirement
Advantages for you:
Doctoral researchers profit from the amenities of the Cluster of Excellence, including receiving funding for conference travel or summer schools, opportunities to co-organise academic events and participate in numerous networking opportunities and events.
- Applications should contain a cover letter, CV, copies of degree certificates (bachelor’s, master’s or diploma) and full academic transcripts, as well as proof of proficiency in English or German.
- Applicants are invited to include examples of their academic work if appropriate.
- Moreover, applicants should identify one or two potential research areas and nominate at least two potential local supervisors from the list of investigators at Mathematics Münster.
- Please arrange for at least two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 May 2021.
The University of Münster is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the proportion of women academics. Consequently, we actively encourage applications by women. Female candidates with equivalent qualifications and academic achievements will be preferentially considered within the
framework of the legal possibilities.
The University of Münster is committed to employing more staff with disabilities. Candidates with recognised severe disabilities who have equivalent qualifications are given preference in hiring decisions.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Please also note our Call for Ada Lovelace Programme: Supplementary fellowships will be offered to exceptionally strong candidates in the PhD programme with the aim of increasing gender equality within the mathematical sciences.
Are you interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 1 May 2021 via our online application form: