Current effects of the corona pandemic on the study program at the Faculty of Biology
June 25th 2020
General decree of the City of Münster: From Wednesday, June 24, anyone visiting Münster from the Gütersloh and Warendorf area is obliged to wear a mouth and nose protector in public places and at the workplace throughout the city. This applies in any case if he or she is unable to maintain a minimum distance of 1.50 metres to other people safely and continuously. Specifically affected by the obligation to wear a mask, which was ordered by general decree of the City of Münster, are persons residing in the entire district of Gütersloh and the entire district of Warendorf.
For students from the affected districts who are attending classes, this means that there are also no further restrictions - beyond compliance with the hygiene and distance rules. They can still participate in face-to-face events (including oral examinations & written exams).
But it also means - and once again clearly shows - that we must not become careless!
- Pay attention to hand hygiene
- wear mouth-nose mask
- keep minimum distances
April 23th 2020
- Research modules, bachelor and master theses can take place again from 20.04. under certain conditions. Students should discuss this with their respective supervisors.
- There are Learnweb courses for many online-modules. Enrolment keys were sent to the students by e-mail. If you have not received an enrolment key, please contact the respective lecturer.
- from April 13th 2020 oral examinations may take place as online video-examinations. Your examination office provides you with further information (Leitfaden zur Durchführung von Online-Videoprüfungen für die Dauer der Corona-Krise)
- consultation hours of the staff at Schlossplatz 4 are cancelled. In urgent cases please contact us via e-mail or telephone.
- the buildings of the University of Münster will be open only for employees of the university (this includes student assistants and reserach assistants). This applies to all university buildings without exception, including the University and State Library. Other regulations may apply to the buildings of the UKM (Department of Medicine).
We will keep you updated here. Please also visit this WWU website for further information.
Incoming exchange students may contact the International Office, international students may contact "Die Brücke" for advice.
Together with the Stiftung WWU, the Universitätsgesellschaft Münster e. V. and the Allgemeiner Studierendenausschuss (AStA), the recorate of the university is calling for donations to the Corona Emergency Fund for Students. The fund is coordinated by the Fundraising Department.
Research in the Faculty of Biology is currently centered around six Focus Areas:
In addition, the Faculty of Biology is involved in several Collaborative Initiatives.