Fax: +49 251 83 32729
Main Research Interests
- Model Order Reduction
- Transport dominated conservation laws
- A-posteriori Error Estimates
- Functional Analysis
- Li-Ion Batteries
- Design of Scientific Computing Software
MULTIBAT: Multiscale Models and Model Order Reduction Methods for Predicting the Life-Time of Lithium-Ion Batteries
Co-operative research project in BMBF programme "Mathematics for innovations in industry and services"
- . . ‘Mass Conservative Reduced Order Modeling of a Free Boundary Osmotic Cell Swelling Problem.’ arXiv e-prints 1805.01812. [Submitted]
- . . ‘MULTIBAT: Unified workflow for fast electrochemical 3D simulations of lithium-ion cells combining virtual stochastic microstructures, electrochemical degradation models and model order reduction.’ Journal of Computational Science 2018. doi: 10.1016/j.jocs.2018.03.006. [Accepted]
- . . ‘True Error Control for the Localized Reduced Basis Method for Parabolic Problems.’ In Model Reduction of Parametrized Systems, edited by , 169-182. Cham: Springer International Publishing. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-58786-8_11.
- . . ‘Localized Reduced Basis Approximation of a Nonlinear Finite Volume Battery Model with Resolved Electrode Geometry.’ In Model Reduction of Parametrized Systems, edited by , 201-212. Cham: Springer International Publishing. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-58786-8_13.
- . . ‘ArbiLoMod: Local Solution Spaces by Random Training in Electrodynamics.’ In Model Reduction of Parametrized Systems, edited by , 137-148. Cham: Springer International Publishing. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-58786-8_9.
- . . ‘Fast Low-Rank Empirical Cross Gramians.’ PAMM 17, No. 1: 841-842. doi: 10.1002/pamm.201710388.
- . . ‘ArbiLoMod, a Simulation Technique Designed for Arbitrary Local Modifications.’ SIAM J. Sci. Comput. 39, No. 4: A1435–A1465. doi: 10.1137/15M1054213.
- . . ‘pyMOR - Generic algorithms and interfaces for model order reduction.’ SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 38, No. 5: 194-216. doi: 10.1137/15M1026614.
- . . ‘Adaptive Localized Model Reduction.’ Oberwolfach Reports 13, No. 3: 2406-2409. doi: 10.4171/OWR/2016/42.
- . . ‘Model Reduction for Multiscale Lithium-Ion Battery Simulation.’ In Numerical Mathematics and Advanced Applications ENUMATH 2015, edited by , 317-331.: Springer. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-39929-4_31.
- . . ‘Reduced Basis Methods: Success, Limitations and Future Challenges.’ In roceedings of ALGORITMY 2016, 20th Conference on Scientific Computing, Vysoke Tatry, Podbanske, Slovakia, March 13-18, 2016, edited by , 1-12. Bratislava: Publishing House of Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava.
- . . ‘Hierarchical Approximate Proper Orthogonal Decomposition.’ arXiv e-prints 1607.05210. [Submitted]
- . . ‘A Numerically Stable A Posteriori Error Estimator for Reduced Basis Approximations of Elliptic Equations.’ In 11th World Congress on Computational Mechanics, WCCM 2014, 5th European Conference on Computational Mechanics, ECCM 2014 and 6th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics, ECFD 2014, edited by , 4094-4102.: CIMNE, Barcelona.
- . . ‘A Model Reduction Framework for Efficient Simulation of Li-Ion Batteries.’ In Finite Volumes for Complex Applications VII-Elliptic, Parabolic and Hyperbolic Problems, edited by , 695-702.: Springer. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-05591-6_69.
- . . ‘Nonlinear reduced basis approximation of parameterized evolution equations via the method of freezing.’ C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, Ser. I 351: 901-906. doi: 10.1016/j.crma.2013.10.028.
- . . On Finitely Summable K-Homology Doctoral Thesis, Universität Münster.
A Globally Mass Conservative Nonlinear Reduced Basis Method for Parabolic Free Boundary Problems (talk)
MoRePaS 2018 - Model Reduction of Parametrized Systems IV – April 2018
Hierarchical Approximate Proper Orthogonal Decomposition (talk)
CSC Seminar, MPI Magdeburg – March 2018
HAPOD - Fast, Simple and Reliable Distributed POD Computation (talk)
MATHMOD 2018 - 9th Vienna International Conference on Mathematical Modelling – February 2018
Nonlinear Model Order Reduction for Problems with Moving Discontinuities (talk)
CASA Colloquium, TU Eindhoven – January 2018
MULTIBAT - Reduced Order Modelling of Lithium-Ion Battery Models with Resolved Electrode Geometry (talk)
ACOMEN 2017 - 7th International Conference on Advanced COmputational Methods in ENgineering – September 2017
Hierarchical Approximate POD (talk)
LMS-EPSRC Durham Symposium – August 2017
Model Reduction for Transport Problems via Nonlinear State Space Transformation (talk)
14th U.S. National Congress on Computational Mechanics – July 2017
Model Order Reduction with pyMOR and NGSolve (talk) (Jupyter notebook)
NGSolve User Meeting – June 2017
HAPOD – Fast and Simple Distributed POD Computation (talk)
GAMM Jahrestagung – March 2017
Nonlinear Model Order Reduction with pyMOR (talk)
SIAM CSE17 - Conference on Computational Science and Engineering – February 2017
Reduced Basis Approximation of Lithium-Ion Battery Models (talk)
RWTH Aachen – December 2016
Nonlinear Model Order Reduction for Parametric Time Evolution Problems using the Method of Freezing (talk) (code)
7th European Congress of Mathematics – July 2016
pyMOR - Generic Model Order Reduction Algorithms for MPI Distributed PDE Solvers (talk)
PDE Software Frameworks 2016 – July 2016
Model Order Reduction for Electrochemistry Simulations (talk)
Absolventen-Seminar Numerische Mathematik, TU Berlin – June 2016
Hierarchical Approximate POD (poster) (code)
MORML 2016 - Workshop on Data-driven Model Order Reduction and Machine Learning – March 2016
Reduced Basis Methods - Success, Limitations and Future Challenges (talk)
ALGORITMY 2016 - Conference on Scientific Computing – March 2016
Reduced Basis Approximation of Microscale Lithium-Ion Battery Models - From Theory to Implementation (talk)
SimTech MOR-Seminar, Stuttgart – December 2015
A Modularized Modeling, Discretization and Model Order Reduction Workflow (talk)
MoRePaS 2015 - Model Reduction of Parametrized Systems III – October 2015
Reduction of Microscale Li-Ion Battery Models (talk)
ECCOMAS COUPLED PROBLEMS 2015 – May 2015
pyMOR - A New Model Order Reduction Software Framework (talk)
SIAM CSE15 - Conference on Computational Science and Engineering – March 2015
Reduced Basis Methods - From Theory to Implementation (talk)
KIT, Karlsruhe – January 2015
A Model Reduction Framework for Efficient Simulation of Li-Ion Batteries (poster)
FVCA7 - The International Symposium of Finite Volumes for Complex Applications VII – June 2014
Model Reduction of Microscale Li-Ion Battery Models (talk)
CeNoS Workshop: Complexity Meets Energy – March 2014
DUNE-pyMOR: Model Order Reduction with Python and Dune (talk)
Dune User Meeting 2013 – September 2013
Nonlinear Reduced Basis Approximation of Parameterized Evolution Equations Using the Method of Freezing (talk)
Model Reduction and Approximation for Complex Systems – June 2013
Freezing of Evolution Equations for Improved Reduced Basis Approximation (poster)
MoRePaS II - Second International Workshop on Model Reduction for Parametrized Systems – October 2012
Freezing Solutions of Time Evolution Problems for Reduced Basis Approximation (talk)
Reduced Basis Methods Workshop 2012 – August 2012
- A Globally Mass Conservative Nonlinear Reduced Basis Method for Parabolic Free Boundary Problems (talk)
A modern Python-based model reduction library which can be easily integrated with external PDE solvers Project Page
A simple Python module for the management of simulation datasets Project Page