The exact date for the Ersti weekend will be announced here. We’re going to a nice youth hostel which we have all to our own most of the time. Beside a (really tiny) information program, there are many games and lots of fun and excitement so that you can get to know each other. We even know a professor who met a girl during an Ersti weekend who is now his wife :-)
We always try to limit the price to 30 €. Starting now, you can register in the Student Council office by paying the fee. This registration is binding since we need to pay for the booked spots. The price includes full board and lodging (excluding alcohol), so 2× dinner, 1× lunch, 2× breakfast. Bedclothes are provided, of course.
Further, you should pack:
- Weather-proof clothing for outdoor games (we won’t give away more than that here), sturdy shoes!
- SEMESTER TICKET (we will use a public transit bus).
- Games for some fun in between (football/board games/guitar etc.). Otherwise, we will of course also pack all kinds of entertaining paraphernalia which you can use.
- A good mood
- Clothes for three days (that’s an empirical value ;-) )
What you don’t need:
- Bedclothes (are provided)
- Bad mood
- Food (except for maybe cookies or chips as a snack)
- Departure in Münster: Friday, 16:00 at the central station (bring your semester ticket!)
- Arrival (back) in Münster: Sunday, about 12:00 at the central station („Hauptbahnhof“)
When we arrive at the youth hostel, we’re taken care of with dinner for starters. To combat dry throats, there is of course a plentiful supply of beer. Since there were some problems last year (not with the beer), we have to ask you not to bring your own alcohol. Since we’re staying at a youth hostel where alcohol is usually forbidden, it’s a luxury that we’re provided with beer there and don’t have to bring our own – we’d like to keep it that way.
So: Leave your bottles at home, save on luggage and do the hostel warden a favor. He provides us with tasty Krombacher Pils which can be purchased for an expected price of 1 € per bottle. So don’t forget your wallet, either ;-)