The institute for applied physics is looking for a student working as an
SHK (8 hours/week)
on the project "Learning with apps - using smartphones in introductory lecture courses" for 6 months.
The aim is to implement a concept for "Learning with apps", which significantly improves learning in the first two semesters. Through the use of smartphones as measurement devices and voting system for testing the understanding of the students a learning environment that reaches beyond the lecture into everyday life is created.
Learning with apps means...
- easy access to interesting experiments which one can carry out in everyday life.
- students actively take part in experiments.
- deeper understanding through a combination of modern physics with authentic learning.
- students have influence on structure and level of the lecture.
- a lecture with short units, examples and testing of knowledge.
The job includes 2 SWS for developing experiments, 2 SWS for developing questions and 4 SWS for using both systems in the lectures (three days/week with one hour of lectures).
We require a bachelor degree in physics, experience with experiments and the structure of lectures, good course results, reliability, responsibility, flexibility, the ability to work in a team and confident presentation. Applications of women are encouraged.
If you have questions, please contact Melanie Kind (0251/83-33510).
Applications have to be send to (deadline 31.01.2018):
Prof. Dr. C. Denz
Institut für Angewandte Physik
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
Corrensstr. 2/4, 48149 Münster