Groups meet C*-algebras
In celebration of Siegfried Echterhoff's 60th birthday
- Claire Anantharaman-Delaroche (Université d'Orléans)
- Francesca Arici (Leiden University)
- Bachir Bekka (Université de Rennes 1)
- Christian Bönicke (University of Glasgow)
- Alcides Buss (Federal University of Santa Catarina)
- Joachim Cuntz (WWU Münster)
- Ruy Exel (Federal University of Santa Catarina)
- Shirly Geffen (Ben-Gurion University and WWU Münster)
- Thierry Giordano (University of Ottawa)
- Kang Li (KU Leuven)
- Xin Li (University of Glasgow)
- Wolfgang Lück (Universität Bonn)
- Magdalena Musat (University of Copenhagen)
- Ryszard Nest (University of Copenhagen)
- Hervé Oyono-Oyono (Université de Lorraine)
- Jean Renault (Université d'Orléans)
- Mikael Rørdam (University of Copenhagen)
- Karen Strung (Czech Academy of Sciences)
- Wojciech Szymanski (University of Southern Denmark)
- Aaron Tikuisis (University of Ottawa)
- Alain Valette (Université de Neuchâtel)
- Rufus Willett (University of Hawai'i)
*: to be confirmed
All talks will be broadcast on Zoom. To enable coherent attendance, we will spread the schedule over two weeks, with talks Monday - Friday, appr. 16:00 - 18:00. Please stay tuned for details.
As the Covid situation in Germany continues to improve we are hoping to run the conference with an actual real life component. This means the conference will come in a hybrid format, and at least some of the talks will be given on site, in one of our lecture halls. The mornings and early afternoons will be reserved for small group discussions - hopefully even in front of real blackboards! We will also host a social event in each week.
Venue and Travel Information
Information about hybrid participation will follow soon.
It will in any case be possible to participate online.
The University of Münster is located in Münster in Westphalia. The address of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science is Einsteinstrasse 62 and is listed on all common route planners.
You can find the Cluster of Excellence Mathematics Münster in the annex:
Detailed travel information can be found on the MM websites.
The conference is supported by the Cluster of Excellence Mathematics Münster and by ERC Advanced Grant AMAREC.