Job Offers at the ILÖK
The Institute of Landscape Ecology offers different Research positions at the moment:
- Professorship Hydrology in the Research Group Ecohydrology and Biogeochemistry
- PhD Posititon in the Research Group Animal Ecology and Multitrophic Interactions
Further informations and application deadlines can be found on the website of the ILÖK.
Successful Follow-Up Application - Prolongation of the ESCAPE project
Dr. Ute Hamer (Soil Ecology and Land Use), Dr. Till Kleinebecker and Prof. Dr. Norbert Hölzel (both Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research Group) successfully applied for a prolongation of the ESCAPE project within the Biodiversity Exploratories at the DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft - German Research Foundation). In close collaboration with Prof. Dr. Markus Fischer and Dr. Daniel Prati from the University of Bern the effects of seed addition and disturbance on plant diversity, nutrient retention and litter decomposition along a land-use gradient will be further evaluated in the SADE experiment. Coordinated by postdoc Dr. Valentin Klaus this project stage will again facilitates students projects and theses.
New Publications at the ILÖK
- Gilhaus, K.; Freitag, M.; Kunze, S.; Hölzel, N (2017): High fodder value and feeding likelihood favor endozoochorous plant dispersal. Journal of Vegetation Science 28 (2): 357–367 doi: 10.1111/jvs.12481
- Palpurina, S.; Wagner, V.; von Wehrden, H.; Hájek, M.; Hórsak, M.; Brinkert, A.; Hölzel, N.; Wesche, K.; Kamp, J.; Hájková, P.; Danihelka, J.; Lustyk, P.; Merunková, K.; Preislerová, Z.; Kočí, M.; Kubešová.; S.; Cheresov, M.; Ermakov, N.; German, D.; Gogoleva, P.; Lashchynsky, N.; Martynenko, V.; Chytrý, M. (2017): The relationship between plant species richness and soil pH vanishes with increasing aridity across Eurasian dry grasslands. Global Ecology and Biogeography 26 (4): 425–434 doi: 10.1111/geb.12549
- Velbert, F.; Kleinebecker, T.; Mudrák, O.; Schwartze, P.; Hölzel, N. (2017): Time lags in functional response to management regimes – evidence from a 26-year field experiment in wet meadows. Journal of Vegetation Science 28 (2): 313–324 doi: 10.1111/jvs.12497
- Schaller, C.; Göckede, M.; Foken, T. (2017): Flux calculation of short turbulent events – comparison of three methods. Atmospheric Measurement Technics. doi: 10.5194/amt-10-869-2017
- Lokys, H.L.; Junk, J.; Krein, A. (2017): Short-term effects of air quality and thermal stress on non-accidental morbidity — a multivariate meta-analysis comparing indices to single measures. International Journal of Biometeorology. doi: 10.1007/s00484-017-1326-0
- Knoke, T., Paul, C., Hildebrandt, P., Calvas, B. Castro. L. M., Härtl, F., Döllerer, M., Hamer, U., Windhorst, D., Wiersma, Y. F., Curatola Fernandez, G. F., Obermeier, W. A., Adams, J., Breuer, L., Mosandl, R., Beck, E., Weber, M., Stimm, B., Haber, W., Fürst, C., Bendix, J. (2016): Compositional diversity of rehabilitated tropical lands supports multiple ecosystem services and buffers uncertainties. Nature communications 7, 11877. DOI: 10.1038/ncomms11877
Obituary for Jeannine Böhmichen
Das Institut für Landschaftsökologie trauert um
(1987 - 2016)
Jeannine, Du warst uns Vorbild und Inspiration; Antrieb und Maß. Vor allem aber waren wir einfach
gerne mit Dir zusammen. Wir vermissen Dich.
Anstelle von freundlich zugedachten Blumen und Kränzen, bitten wir um eine Spende an
,Jeannine Böhmichen", Sparkasse Münsterland Ost IBAN: DE68 4005 0150 0134 9575 54,
BIC: WELADED1MST, Stichwort Stiftung Jeannine. Die Spenden werden wir ganz im Sinne
von Jeannine weiterleiten.
Obituary for Prof. Dr. Christian Blodau
With great sadness we inform of the passing of
Prof. Dr. Christian Blodau
Special Issue on Grazing in European open landscapes
A Special Issue of Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment edited by Péter Török, Sabine Tischew, Rudy van Diggelen and Norbert Hölzel on Grazing in European open landscapes is out now, compiling papers on the potential of traditional and alternative grazing practices. Topics such as sustaniability, biodiversity, ecosystem functions and services, and agri-envrionmental schemes are covered.
Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, Volume 234 (October 2016) Special Issue: Grazing in European open landscapes: how to reconcile sustainable land management and biodiversity conservation?
A winter visit to the Yamal tundra
Upon invitation by the government of the Yamal-Nenets autonomous district in the very north of Western Siberia, Norbert Hölzel and Ramona Fitz joint an international conference on “Preventing the dissemination of infectious animal diseases on climate change” held in the city of Salekhard at the polar circle from November 9th to 11th, 2016. more...
Further interesting articles are published on the homepage of the Biodiversity and Ecosystem Research Group.
Application of the ILÖK-Drone in the "Fit for Climate Change" project
Article only avalible in german language...
Tracking the carbon in Canadian peatlands
A portrait of biogeochemical research at the Institute of Landscape Ecology
Ecosystems are increasingly influenced by climate change and the climate can be influenced by ecosystem change. Feedbacks of this kind are a focus of biogeochemical research worldwide. The documentary illustrates how research proceeds in this field and gives answers on questions that are raised: What is our motivation to address scientific questions? Why do we investigate Canadian peatlands? What are the steps of a successful research project in this field? How does the teamwork between students and scientists look like? How does a day in the field look like? What have we learned from our investigations? And after all: Can science be fun?