CRC 1385 "Law and Literature"
- Law and Literature
- Narratology and literary aesthetics
- International and European law and comparative law
- Postcolonial Studies
- British Studies
- South African and Caribbean literatures
since 2019: Research Associate at CRC 1385
2016-2019: Research Fellow at the Department for English and American Studies at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
2014-2019: Research Fellow at the Third-Party Funded Research Project "Digital Forensics" at Ludwig-Maximilians-University (2014-2015), Goethe-University Frankfurt (2016-2018) and Saarland University (2019)
2013-2018: Doctoral Dissertation with Prof. Dr. Christoph Bode (LMU), Title of the Dissertation: "Writing Back / Reading Forward: Reconsidering the Postcolonial Approach" (Peter Lang, 2019)
2009-2013: Magister Artium Degree at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Subjects: English Literary Studies and Linguistics with a Minor in Law
2011-2013: Junior Lawyer at District Court Munich I; Second State Exam. in Law
2005-2011: Law Student at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich; First State Exam. in Law
03/12/21: Lecture "Pleasures of Liminality – Fiction(s) in Law and Literature" and Organization. Münster University. CRC "Law and Literature". Mini-Workshop Fictions in Law, Literature, and Philosophy.
15/09/21: Lecture "A Host(ile) Union?" Villa Vigoni, Loveno di Menaggio, Italy. Conference of the Forum Europe of the CRC "Law and Literature."
07/07/21: Lecture "Writing Transitional Justice." Loughborough University. Conference Interdisciplinary Perspectives in Transitional Justice.
30/06/21: Lecture "States of Afterness: In (-Between) a New Transnational Asia." Cardiff University. 17. EACLALS Conference Transcultural Mo(ve)ments.
15/05/21: Lecture "Blank Spaces and Hidden Figures – Rewriting the Gendered History of Science." Oldenburg University. 32. GAPS Conference GAPS Science, Culture and Postcolonial Narratives.
08/07/20: Lecture "States of Afterness: In (-Between) a New Transnational Asia." Osnabrück University.
5-6/07/19: Workshop Constitutive and Constitutional Narratives. Augsburg University.
- 14/05/19: Lecture "Transnational Island in an Asian Sea – Afterness and the City of Hong Kong." University Bremen , 30. GAPS Conference Postcolonial Oceans.
- 26/03/19: Article "Visions of Citizenship: A Stranger’s Case or 'What Would You Think to Be Thus Used?'" Villa Vigoni, Loveno di Menaggio, Italy, Vigoni Symposium Citizenship, Law and Literature.
- 02/05/18: Lecture "Liquid Matters? Creation, Disruption and Dissolution of Fictional Worlds across Oral, Print and Digital Literature." Beijing University, Fourth Scientific Forum.
- 31/10/18: "Frankenreads." Anniversary reading of Mary Shelleys Frankenstein, Organisation, introduction & reading, The Lovelace Munich.
- 02/05/18: Lecture "Bridging the Gap? Dangers, Inherent Paradoxes and Opportunities of Notions of Postcoloniality and Cross-cultural Narrative." The Chinese University of Hong Kong, CUHK-LMU Conference Narrative and Cross-Cultural Humanities.
- 28/10/17: Lecture "Can the Empire Write Forward? An Attempt to Rethink the Postcolonial Approach." Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Third Scientific Forum.
- 07/04/17: Lecture "Postapartheid Johannesburg - Urban Ambiguity in South African Literature." UniversityOviedo, 15. EACLALS Konferenz Performing the Urban.
- 10/15-10/16: 4. Postcolonial Narrations Forum, Chair and host of the conference Expressing the Postcolonial – Approaches to Verbalize the Unspeakable, 9.-11. October 2016 at the LMU.
- 11/07/16: Lecture "Postcolonial Emancipation – Can the Empire Write Forward?" University of Stellenbosch, 17. ACLALS Conference Stories that Float From Afar.
- 07/07/16: Lecture "The Search for Identity in Recent German Productions of Twelfth Night." Rhodes University, Grahamstown, 9th Congress of the Shakespeare Society of Southern Africa.
- 14/05/16: Lecture "Finding (a) Home in the Writings of Nadine Gordimer." University of Augsburg, 27. GAPS Conference The Postcolonial and the Material.
- 10/10/15: Lecture "Postimperial Emancipation: Can the Empire Write Forward?" University Duisburg-Essen, 3rd Conference of the Postcolonial Narrations Forum Empire & Neurosis.
- 14/05/15: Lecture "For Sale? Covering the Postcolonial." University of Münster, 26. GAPS Konferenz Postcolonial Ideologies.
- 22/09/14: Lecture "Undoing Magic Realism? Polyphonic Caribbean Authenticity in Robert Antoni’s Divina Trace." Goethe University Frankfurt, 2nd Conference of the Postcolonial Narrations Forum Reading Across Cultures.
- 10/07/14: Lecture "Passing the Post – Postcolonial Theory Revisited." Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Literary colloquium of the English Seminar.
- 24/06/14: Lecture "Passing the Post." University of Trier, Interdisciplinary colloquium for (Post)doctoral students of Postcolonial und Gender Studies.
- "No Time Like the Present – The Ambiguous Aesthetics of Nadine Gordimer's Late Style." In: Current Writing 34.1 (accepted).
- "Visions of Citizenship: 'The Strangers' Case' or 'What Would You Think to Be Thus Used?' In: Citizenship, Law and Literature. Ed. by Caroline Koegler, Jesper Reddig and Klaus Stierstorfer. Berlin: de Gruyter 2021. 45-65. Doi: 10.1515/9783110749830-010.
- "Taking Center Stage: Performance as Substance in Earl Lovelace's Is Just a Movie." In: East-West Dialogues: The Transferability of Concepts in the Humanities. Ed. by Christoph Bode, Michael O'Sullivan et al. MUSE: Munich Studies in English 46. Frankfurt: Peter Lang 2021. 69-95. Doi: 10.3726/b17690.
- "Bridging the Gap? J. M. Coetzee's Elizabeth Costello and André Brink's States of Emergency as/on Literary Contact Zones." In: East-West Dialogues: The Transferability of Concepts in the Humanities. Ed. by Christoph Bode, Michael O'Sullivan et al. MUSE: Munich Studies in English 46. Frankfurt: Peter Lang 2021. 287-308. Doi: 10.3726/b17690.
- Writing Back / Reading Forward: Reconsidering the Postcolonial Approach. MUSE: Munich Studies in English 43. Frankfurt: Peter Lang 2019.
- (with Dominik Brodowski, Friedrich Kern, Lena Schmidt and Joachim Vogel) Wirtschaftskriminalität. 7th ed. Hochschule Albstadt-Sigmaringen 2018.
- "The Search for Identity in Recent German Productions of Twelfth Night." In: Shakespeare in Southern Africa 29 (2017): 61-72.
- (with Jael Mühlstein) "Anlauf für ein europäisches Zivilgesetzbuch." JuS Magazin 6 (2008): 17.
- WiSe 2021/22: Gender and the Law (Seminar)
- WiSe 2020/21: Drama and the Law - Staging Legal Fact and Fiction (Students-for-Students Seminar)
- SuSe 2020: Staging the Absurd: From Pinter to Albee (Seminar)
- SuSe 2019: Literature and Human Rights (Seminar) & Introduction to Literary Studies
- WiSe 2018/19: Slaves of Passion? Shakespeare's Tragic Heroes (Seminar)
- SuSe 2018: Challenging (Counter-)Urbanity? Writing Postcolonial Landscapes (Seminar)
- WiSe 2017/18: Theater of the Absurd (Seminar)
- SuSe 2017: Introduction to Literary Studies
- WiSe 2016/17: Postapartheid Narratives from South Africa (Seminar)
- SuSe 2016: The History Play after 1945 (Proseminar) & Nadine Gordimer and J. M. Coetzee – Two Distinct Voices from South Africa (reading course)
- WiSe 2015/16: The Dystopian Novel (Seminar)
- SuSe 2015: Postcolonial Trauma? Fiction from the New South Africa (reading course)
- SuSe 2014-2019: Computer criminal law, computer criminal procedural law & economic crime (regular workshops and courses)