Dr. Jayana Jain
CRC 1385 "Law and Literature"
- diaspora and migration studies
- South Asian legal, literary and visual cultures
- gender and disability studies
- digital politics and media studies
since 10/2021: Postdoctoral Researcher, CRC 1385 "Law and Literature", WWU Münster
2020-2021: Postdoctoral Researcher (Media and Cultural Studies), Project ONLINERPOL, Department
of Ethnology, LMU Munich
2019-2020: Lecturer for Special Tasks (Postcolonial Studies), English Seminar, WWU Münster
2016-2019: Research Assistant and Teaching Fellow (British and Postcolonial Studies), English
Seminar, WWU Münster
2014-2019: Ph.D. in English Philology (Thesis: "Nation, Home and Identity: An Inquiry into diasporic
trajectories in selected post-9/11 Pakistani English Novels and Hindi Films", magna cum
laude), Joint Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Klaus Stierstorfer (WWU Münster) and Prof. Shoba V.
Ghosh (University of Mumbai), WWU Münster
2012-2013: B.Ed. Specialization in English, World History and International Education, St. Xavier’s Institute of Education, Mumbai, India
2010-2012: M.A. in English Literature (Thesis: The Mapping and the Remapping of a
Nation: Exploring the Unmapped Spaces in Nuruddin Farah's Maps), University of Mumbai, India. Winter Semester Exchange Prog. (2011/12), Department of English at Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg
2007-2010: B.A. (Major in English Literature, Honours in History), St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Thinking Past 'Post-9/11' Home, Nation and Transnational Flirtations in Pakistani English Novels and Hindi Films. Routledge and CRC Press UK 2021.
- "Citizenship, Nationalism and the Politics of Multiculturalism: Digital Networks of Indian Diasporas in Germany". In: Media in Asia. Ed. by Youna Kim. UK: Routledge (forthcoming in 2022).
- "Modi and the 2014 Indian Elections: Unveiling the Populist Fantasy." In: Ideology in Postcolonial Texts and Contexts. Leiden: Brill (forthcoming in 2022).
- "Error '370' Democracy is Missing or Corrupted! Digital Politics of Indian Diasporic Youth in Germany." In: South Asia Journal (2021). http://southasiajournal.net/error-370-democracy-is-missing-or-corrupted/.
- "Bit of Barfi, Sip of Margarita: Disability and Sexuality in Hindi Films." In: ANTYAJAA: Indian Journal of Women and Social Change 3.1. (2018). 107-118. https://doi.org/10.1177/2455632718778394. Also published in: Yousman, B., In Bindig, L., In Dines, G., & In Humez, J. M. M. (Eds.): Gender, race, and class in media: A critical reader (2021).
- "Filming Gendered Fantasies of Border Travels in Selected Contemporary Hindi Films." In: Diaspora Studies Series: Beyond Borders and Boundaries: Diasporic Images and Representations in Literature and Cinema. Ed. by Nilufer E. Bharucha, Sridhar Rajeswaran and Klaus Stierstorfer. Vol. 1. NavVishnu Publications: Mumbai 2018. 267-284.
- "Thinking Borderlessness: Alternative Forms of Embodiment and Reconfiguration of Spatial Realities in Emma Donoghue’s Room." In: International Journal of Humanities and Cultural Studies 1.3 (2016). 325-334. https://www.ijhcs.com/index.php/ijhcs/article/view/57.
- Book review: "Shazia Rahman. Place and Postcolonial Ecofeminism: Pakistani Women’s Literary and Cinematic Fictions." In: R. Ahrens, F. Klaeger, K. Stierstorfer & M. Tronicke (Eds.): Symbolism: An International Annual of Critical Aesthetics. Berlin, Boston: de Gruyter 2021. 269-274. https://doi.org/10.1515/9783110756456-016.
LMU Munich winter semester 20/21:
- Decoloniality and Postcoloniality (Seminar)
- Introduction to Digital Anthropology (Lektürekurs)
WWU Münster (2014-2020):
- Postcolonial Poetry of the 20th Century (Übung: Past and Present: British, American and Postcolonial Studies)
- Introduction to Literary and Cultural Studies (Grundkurs; focus: Tsitsi Dangarembga's Nervous Conditions)
- Literature as Resistance in Times of Environmental Crisis (Seminar: MA National and Transnational Studies)
- Nation and Homing Desires in Migratory Muslim Fiction (Master Seminar)
- Migratory Masculinities in Postcolonial Indian Fiction and Films (Übung Theory and Literature: Gruppe IV)
- Academic Skills (Sprachpraktische Übungen Gruppe VIII)
- Reading Diasporic Literature in the Post-9/11 Context (Master Seminar: Students-for-Students)
- Academic Skills II (Sprachpraktische Übungen Gruppe IX)
- English Language and Literature (Selected British and Indian Novels, Short Stories, Plays and Poetry)