- Several copies in a poster / several posters in one order: Basically send your posters separated, never multiple copies per order or multiple pages in one order. There are always problems with the poster printer (other pages can not be processed in part), with the printouts (erroneous scaling of the printouts) or the management of printer queues. The resulting misprints can be expensive for you and cannot be canceled by us.
- Use full capacity of the paper size: Our poster rolls always have a width of about 36 inches. For example, an A0 poster will fit 4 A2 posters, or on an A1 poster 2 A2 poster. This will save you money and will avoid trash. (Note that this does not work with the Print option "Multiple pages per sheet", the print file must be created in advance.)
- Print format (file type): We recommend that you use PDF files for poster prints and the program "Adobe Acrobat DC" or "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC", because the printers can process this format best. To avoid problems with the Adobe products (InDesign, Illustrator etc.), print your file "as a picture" by choosing "Erweitert" and then "Als Bild drucken" in the Adobe Acrobat printing dialogue.
- Durability of the posters: The posters (both matte and glossy paper) are not intended to be used for a long period of time (longer than 3 months) as they can not be laminated or otherwise preserved by us. The durability of the posters (with regard to the bleaching of the colors and the yellowing of the paper) depends on the lighting conditions, humidity and type of storage.
- Embedding the poster printer: For technical reasons (problems with different drivers, etc.) our printers can not be integrated on office or private computers but must always be used via the virtual desktop rd.wwu.de or remotedesktop.wwu.de. Instructions for setting up the Virtual Desktop can be found here.
- Misprints: You can report any misprints for which you are not responsible yourself to the Service Desk or our Hotline within 3 days of printing. Bring the misprint to the service desk for a check.
1. Open the Printing Menu
Choose "Print" at the "File" menu of your PDF-reader.
2. Choose ZIVposter
Select the large-format printer "ZIVposter" (\\ZIVposter\ZIVposter) now. Afterwards click on "Settings/Properties".
3. Paper Settings
Select the desired paper size at the "Paper/Quality" ("Papier/qualität") context menu. Afterwards, please specify the "paper source" (roll 1: matte paper, roll 2: glossy paper). Finally, set the "print quality" to the highest quality level.
4. Layout Settings
If you want to print your poster in DIN A1 format, select "Automatically rotate" in the "Layout/Output" menu.
(Note: If you want to print several posters in DIN A2 or DIN A3 format, you can combine them in advance on a DIN A1 or DIN A0 page and thus save money and paper. Please note, however, that this does not work with the option "Multiple pages per sheet".)
5. Color Settings
Select "Printer managed colors (sRGB)" at Color > Color Management.
6. Page Settings and Submission
If your document is not in the desired paper format, click "Fit to printable area". Once you have made all the necessary settings, the job can be sent. Click "OK" or "Print". You will be notified of the printing by e-mail.
7. Collection of the Poster
Usually, the poster prints take approx. 15-30 minutes, but at peak times, printing can take up to 2 days. Your poster can be found in the poster boxes opposite the service counter in Einsteinstr. 60, where it is sorted by weekdays (weekday of the printout, usually the next working day). Posters are kept for 2 weeks.