this page is obsolete. you can find the new page here:
The diversity representatives look after gender equality, students with children, the interests of chronically ill or severely handicapped persons, as well as other disadvantaged groups. They are contact persons for women who are members or students of the department. They support the department in the fulfillment of its tasks, in particular with regard to gender equality aspects, e. g. in hiring processes.
Useful links in the scope of the diversity representatives
- In the MINT mentoring program of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science 15 female master students (as mentees) and 5 female PhD students (as mentors) are participating in the winter semester 2018/19.
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science helps and encourages women through various measures:
- MINT mentoring program. The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science offers a mentoring group to female students, who work on their master thesis in mathematics or computer science. A mentoring group consists of a female PhD student or post doc researcher as mentor and three students as mentees. During group meetings and individual meetings the mentees learn from the mentor through exchange of experiences. The mentees also receive support in writing their thesis, in career and life planning and personal skill development.
- During the mathematical colloquium as well as other periods, we offer child care. The contact person is Mrs. Dierkes.
- The project IFF - Computer science for womenhelps pupils and highschool students to learn about a computer science career.
- Learn more about further measures and the current equality report in the Women Support Plan of the department.
The central office for gender equality of the University of Münster offers various support programs for equality of women and men, especially for female: