Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation
- Alexander von Humboldt Professorship International Award for Research in Germany for Dr. Katrin Kogman-Appel
- Sofja-Kovalevskaja-Preis: The elements of existence: Understanding the astrophysical and earliest formation period of the solar system
- Sofja-Kovalevskaja-Preis: Preparation of a palingenesis of the Roman Senate decisions within the framework of a junior research group.
Volkswagen Foundation - Dilthey-Fellowship
- The performance of the coats of arms. The development of the function and importance of heraldic communication in late medieval culture (12th-15th century). http://www.uni-muenster.de/Geschichte/hist-sem/MA-G/L1/Personen/Hiltmann/forschung.html [de]
- Diversitas religionum. Shaping Christian discourses of religious plurality in the thirteenth century
- An Arab 'Renaissance' in the 19th century. Epochal attributions, cultural self-positioning and new public spheres in a change of perspective with Europe.
- In the service of the Crown. The use of heraldry in royal political communication in the Late Medieval Portugal http://heraldica.hypotheses.org/2606
German Research Foundation - Heisenberg Professorships
- Legions of the Popes II: A Case Study in Social and Political Transformation
- Deep electromagnetic exploration