Lost your password? Login problems?
Please first try to login on https://password.uni-muenster.de:
- This page accepts even passwords that are no longer accepted in other places.
- This page also accepts other data instead of the username: E-mail address, matriculation number, first and last name etc.
- This page accepts an unlimited number of unsuccessful attempts.
- If that works, please reset your password there directly:
- Setting a password automatically triggers numerous repair mechanisms that may already eliminate your problem.
- It does not matter whether you set a different password or the same one.
If that does not work, you have hopefully taken precautions for password loss in the IT Portal (formerly: MyZIV):
- To do so, please enter your user ID first (the other data will also be accepted here.
- Then you have to answer your control question.
- Then you will be sent a transaction number (TAN) by SMS, which you must enter.
- Then you can set a new password.
If that does not work, too, hopefully you have a digital ID (certificate) from the WWUCA:
- Please send a digitally signed e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a new password.
- This e-mail must be electronically signed with a digital ID (certificate) issued by the Certification Authority of the University of Münster (WWUCA).
- You will then receive a new password via encrypted e-mail.
If that does not work either, please come personally to our service counter (CURRENTLY NOT POSSIBLE):
- Please come personally to our service desk (Einsteinstraße 60).
- Please identify yourself with your identity card or passport.
- Then you will immediately receive a new password.
If even that is not possible, please write us a letter:
- This letter must contain:
- the password we are supposed to set,
- an e-mail address at which we can reach you (if available),
- a copy of your identity card or passport (please regard the “Notes regarding the copy of the ID card” at the bottom),
- your handwritten signature.
- Please send the letter in a closed envelope to:
- We need the original letter, i.e. not by fax and not scanned by e-mail.
- Due to postal and processing times, it may take a week for the new password to be set.