Research at the Institute of Organic Chemistry is deeply embedded within interdisciplinay and international networks. In addition to many individual national and international cooperation projects, as organic chemists we are contributing to interdisciplinary research centers, like the Collaborative Research Center, CRC 858 (Sonderforschungsbereich, SFB 858) "Synergistic Effects in Chemistry - From Additivity towards Cooperativity" or the Cluster of Excellence CiM "Cells in Motion".
These networks underline the strong connection of organic chemists to physicists and physicians in Münster. The Center for Soft Nanoscience (SoN) will further allow for extending these cooperations. Complementary to synthetic chemists Theoretical Organic Chemistry is heavily involved into our interdisciplinary activities in Münster. In order to promote the development and application of theoretical methods theoreticians are unified within the CMTC (Center for Multiscale Theory and Computation).
All our effords imply a strong commitment to structured reseach training for our graduate students. Within the German-Canadian International Research Training Group (IRTG 2027) "New Trends in Molecular Activation and Catalysis" PhD candidates have the opportunity to carry out a part of their research within the international partner laboratories.
- Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 858 "Synergistic Effects in Chemistry - From Additivity towards Cooperativity"
- Cluster of Excellence CiM "Cells in Motion"
- International Research Training Group (IRTG) 2027 "New Trends in Molecular Activation and Catalysis"
- SoN (Center for Soft Nanoscience)
- CMTC (Center for Multiscale Theory and Computation)
- Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 656 "Molecular Cardiovascular Imaging - MoBil"
- CeNTech (Center for Nano Technology)
- EIMI (European Institute for Molecular Imaging)