Advanced Topics in ANALYSIS & PDEs
This is a reading seminar that we run together with André Schlichting's group. It is currently organized by Chun Yin Lam.
The seminar runs all year round. We read mathematical papers related to mixing and turbulence, transport and diffusion, or whatever looks interesting to (at least) one of us. Some papers are classics, some are brand new on the arXiv.
We meet currently on Fridays at 12:30. Interested? Then write us an email!
Here is an overview of past topics:
- Winter 2023: Our new focus is on Landau damping.
- March 2023: Back to qualitative properties: Our next topic is Hörmander's hypoellipticity.
- November 2022: We return to the deterministic point of view and study hypocoercivity based on Villani's monograph. This will take some time...
- January 2022: We start the new year with a focus on Random Dynamical Systems by reading Arnold's book, studying Harris' theorem and discussing recent papers on mixing by stochastically driven flows.
- Nov 22, Dec 6 & 13: Víctor talks about the well-posedness of the 2D Navier-Stokes equations with measure-valued initial data
- Oct 25, Nov 8 & 15: Domink describes an alternative approach to sharp extinction rates
- Oct 8, 11 & 18: Christian presents a new work on sharp extinction rates for fast diffusions on bounded domains
- June 30: Víctor presents his new work on stability estimates for advection-diffusion equations in the DiPerna-Lions setting and beyond
- May 31, June 9 and 16: André speaks about the mean-field limit for Coulomb-type flows
- April 30 & May 12: Dominik presents results on the large-time asymptotics for the thin film equation, its gradient flow interpretation and its relation to the porous medium equation
- March 26, April 1 & 21: Stefano presents Schochet's paper on the Euler mean field limit
- Feb 12, March 5, 12 & 19 : Christian gives an introduction on vortex sheets and reads the classical Delort paper on measure valued solutions to Euler
- Jan 22, 29 & Feb 5-- HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!! -- We resume our seminar with a talk on universal mixers. Víctor's speaking!
- Dec 11 & 18: Dominik presents a paper on invariant manifolds for Navier-Stokes
- Nov 20, 27 & Dec 4: Stefano presents his results on the vortex dynamics for viscous fluids
- Oct 30, Nov 6 & 13: Christian speaks about large time asymptotic expansions for the porous medium equation and the role of the spectrum
- Oct 16 & 23: Dominik talks about large time asymptotics for the porous medium equation via the entropy method
- Oct 2 & 9: Víctor talks about integrability estimates for advection-diffusion equations and their optimality