Lost your password? Login problems?
ATTENTION! Only for external ULB IDs (ybuXXX): Please contact the ULB information: Tel.: +49 251 83-24040, Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please try to login on https://password.uni-muenster.de
- This page accepts other data instead of the WWU identifier: WWU email address, matriculation number, full first and last name.
- If the login works here but not for other services, please reset your password.
- Make sure that your new password is different from any password you use or have ever used with other services.
1. About precaution against password loss
- If you have already set up the "Precaution against password loss" in the IT portal, please enter your WWU identifier here (the alternative data will also be accepted here).
- After answering the control question and entering the mTAN sent by SMS, you can set yourself a new password.
2. By encrypted mail with digital certificate of WWUCA
- If you have a digital certificate (digital ID) from WWUCA, please write us an email to email@example.com and ask for a new password. Attention: The mail must be electronically signed with a digital ID (certificate) issued by the certification authority of Münster University (WWUCA)! You will then receive a new password via encrypted mail.
3. In person at the service counter
- Come and see us in person at the service desk (Einsteinstraße 60, opening hours.).
- Upon presentation of an official photo ID (e.g., ID card or passport), you will immediately receive a new password.
4. By letter with desired password
- This letter must contain:
- the password we are supposed to set (must contain at least 12 characters, always a combination of upper and lower case letters, digits and special characters (?!%+...)),
- an e-mail address at which we can reach you (if available),
- a copy of your identity card or passport (please regard the “Notes regarding the copy of the ID card” at the bottom),
- your handwritten signature.
- Please send the letter in a closed envelope to:
- We need the original letter, i.e. not by fax and not scanned by e-mail.
- Due to postal and processing times, it may take a week for the new password to be set.
- You will not receive a reply after the password has been set. Please try a few days after sending the letter to see if you can log in to the IT portal.
- TIP: Do not send the letter to us as registered mail, as it will not arrive faster than a standard letter due to the internal mail flow and processing time.