The way to the thesis in the Department for the Social Sciences of Sports:
Please refer to our guidelines for writing theses. Here you will also find information on finding a supervisor and on the formal design of a thesis.
Authorized Examiners of the Department for the Social Sciences of Sport:
Dominik Krüssmann (Bachelor's thesis; Master's thesis [only second opinion])
Term papers are to be submitted by the end of the respective term. The dates are to be found at the web sites of the University of Münster.
Studies on sport development
- Development of Olympic Sports - Future of Athletics in Germany
- Development of professional boxing in Germany
- Development of tennis in Germany
- Recruitment problems with referees
Biographical studies in sports
- Connection careers of professional boxers
Deviant behavior in sports
- Corruption in sports associations
- Matchfixing in soccer
- Sports betting
Sexualization/Display in Sports/Gender Studies
- Factors influencing the popularity of athletes - Why are some athletes more popular than others?
- Self-portrayal strategies of athletes in social media? - Beauty before sporting success?
- Change of body images and -understanding through Instagram
- Connection between physical attractiveness and success - Are beautiful athletes also more successful?
- Sports show without men's soccer - an experiment?
- Gender stereotypes in the media - exemplary media analysis based on selected athletes
Mediatization in sports - new media
- Sports use and new media
- Media production of sport
- Activities of sports clubs in social media
- Analysis of online and offline language usage
- Sports marketing via social networks
- Popularity of professional athletes in the age of social networks
- Twitter behavior of professional athletes
- Demand for sports in social media
Identity and prejudices in sport
- Major sporting events and national identification