The following institutions have given financial support to found MEET:
- Münster University invested 7.5 million euros.
- The Ministry for Economic Affairs, Energy and Industry (former MWEBWV) of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia made it possible to equip the laboratories and technical center for battery-specific purposes by contributing 6.5 million euros as part of the operational programme for North Rhine-Westphalia, the “NRW Ziel 2-Programm”, which is co-financed by funds from the ERDF.
- The Ministry of Innovation, Science and Research of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia sponsored the establishment of MEET with 4.3 million euros. This included the acquisition of equipment and start-up financing for the launch.
- The German Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy (former Economics and Technology) provided 3.4 million euros to help finance laboratory equipment and the construction of the dry room.
MEET also receives financial assistance from the following institutions, within the framework of publicly funded research projects:
- Münster University,
- German Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy, German Federal Ministry of Education and Research as well as German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety,
- Ministry for Economic Affairs, Energy and Industry (former MWEBWV) of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia as well as Ministry of Innovation, Science and Research of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia,
- European Union,
- German Research Foundation (DFG).