Welcome to the WWU network. Please read this information, we will try to answer the most important questions for new arriving people.
- Who do I generally address on IT issues? In most cases, ask the email@example.com. This hotline also provides the inquiries for the ZIV (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Service.email@example.com, which is responsible for some questions in the management area (eg SAP, HIS / LSF, POS). And you may help yourself by reading the IVV5-Wiki .
- I would like to buy / install / connect hardware. The IVV5 advises, and also buys for you. Ask the IVV5-hotline firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I would like to log in to my office pc / apply for an account. Actually, you should have received a "Nutzerkennug" (aka acccount) with your contract / registration. If that does not work, contact the ivv5hotline.
- I would like to use / buy / install software. A lot of software is already available, some free of charge (e.g TeX), some using campus licenses (e.g MS Office). Lots of software can easily be installed by yourself. See the ZIV web pages for existing software or the hints regarding MS Imagine Premium (DreamSpark). For individual advice, please contact the IVV5-hotline email@example.com.
- Where can I store my data, how to access it? On the workstations, classic network storage is automatically integrated, access from other devices to the file service of the IVV5 and the ZIV is also possible. You also have access to a modern cloud file service from some NRW universities called sciebo.
- Communication: How do I get mail, organize calendar entreis, use groupware? With your account you have automatically received an email account (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) at the WWU. You should usually manage your mails using the Exchange Groupware server of the WWU. The IVV5 Wiki offers a help overview.
- Where and how do I print / scan? Inside the buildings of the WWU you'll find several multifunctional devices where you can print out (possibly using a billing card) and scan documents. You can install these and other printers on your devices using a self-service. Possibly, it also helps to look at the points for printing in the wiki. To send the scans via email, you should adjust the "Scan-> Delivery" entry in Selfservice-Page MeinZIV.
- What supports me with teaching / research? There are many online services that support research and teaching. The eLearning platform of the WWU is Learnweb, the lecture and examination administration supports LSF/POS, and the research database CRIS helps with the maintenance of the publications, prices, .... Websites for workgroups or for individuals you may get, too - take a look into the IVV5-Wiki.