You are Interested in the Doctoral Programmes at the Centre for Islamic Theology?
It is currently possible to obtain a doctoral degree (Dr. phil.) from the Centre for Islamic Theology
- Information and Regulations for Doctoral Degrees at the Faculty of Philosophy (in German)
- Information for International Graduates on Doctoral Degrees at Münster University (in English)
What are the Admission Requirements?
- Degree in a related subject (e. g. Arabic Studies, Islamic Studies etc.) with at least eight semesters and above average results.
- Knowledge of German with at least DSH 2 language proficiency. In the absence of a DSH 2 or an equivalent certificate, declaration of the supervising professors that language proficiency is acceptable or that research and dissertation will be in English. It is possible to participate in a DSH German language proficiency course or sit a DSH German language proficiency exam.
- Regardless of the above, you must obtain supervision from a professor at the Centre.
How do I obtain supervision?
In order to obtain supervision you should submit your application including all relevant certificates, a cover letter stating your motivation and an abstract of approx. five pages detailing your planned research. Your abstract should outline the topic of your research as well as its position with regards to the current state of research, taking into consideration relevant expert literature. Please submit your application to email@example.com. As soon as you have submitted all documents, these will be forwarded to the respective professor who will ideally approve your project and let you know they will supervise you.
Information and Advice at the CIT
Daniel Roters, M.A.
Centre for Islamic Theology (Room 312)
Hammer Str. 95
Tel: +49 (0) 251 83-26125