How to reach us
The University of Münster is located in Münster, Westphalia, Germany. The adress of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics is Orléans-Ring 10 (3rd floor). Of course, you'll find us on Google Maps.
The Airport Düsseldorf is the nearest airport equipped with an international transport network. You can reach Münster from airport by train in about 90 minutes. For more details see the Travel Service of "Deutsche Bahn". Alternatively, the airport Münster-Osnabrück, which has a significant smaller transport system, is located about 30 km in the north of Münster. For a connection by train to Münster see the Travel Service of "Deutsche Bahn".
Münster is well connected by train and bus. See here for more details to find the central station or the department. To be more precise, starting at central station, several bus lines lead to the department. Best choices are probably Get off at bus stop "Coesfelder Kreuz" after about 15 minutes. To get to the department, cross the street with traffic lights. There is a flat building right behind the crossing, connected to a 9-story-building which is part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science. You will find us in the building which is attached to the north of the tall building.
As an alternative, take a taxi from the main station to the department at "Einsteinstraße 62" or "Coesfelder Kreuz".
- number 5 direction Gievenbeck/Nienberge,
- number 11 direction Gievenbeck,
- number 22 direction Gievenbeck.
The parking space of the department is reserved for members of the WWU. Respect the parking signs and recall that in Münster cars are towed rigorously. If you stay longer we advise you to take the free parking deck over the road.
More precise descriptions:
- Coming from the south, take the motorway A1 or A43 north. If on A1, change to A43 at the motorway interchange Münster South, direction Münster. When the motorway ends by the traffic lights go ahead for another 500 meters, then turn left following the signs to "Universitätsklinik" (university hospital). Follow this road over a bridge and several traffic lights. At the crossing where the road signs leading to the hospital point left, go straight ahead (there should be a big concrete car park to your left) - the department is now already on your right side, take the entrance to the department's parking after about 20 meters. Attention - this can be easily overlooked! If so just U-turn twice.
- From North: Take A1 direction South. At exit Münster North, leave A1, direction Münster. You are now on B54 heading Münster, follow instructions from West below.
- From West (Netherlands): If you want to avoid taking the northern motorways, take the B54 into Münster (from Enschede). Pass the motorway entrance and drive right into town. At the first major crossing with traffic lights in Münster there is a sign to "Coesfeld", pointing right. Follow it. At the second traffic light, there is a parking block on your right. Take an U-Turn and go right after 20 meters into the entrance of the department.