- plant adaptations on environmenal gradients (aridity, elevation, latitudinal, urbaniszation)
- evolutionary ecology and genomics
- plasticity and transgenerational plasticity
- environmental epigenetics
- plant genetic ressources for organic breeding
Possible master theses and bachelor theses
Global variation of willow-herb
Since summer 2019 a project is running in which we investigate how populations of the narrow-leaved willow herb (Epilobium angustifolium, or Chamerion angustifolium) differ along a latitude gradient from North Siberia to our latitudes, and along the longitudes from Lake Baikal to Münster. We have the plants in Münster and measure many properties. A bachelor thesis is currently examining the success of growth until flowering and phenology. Another bachelor's thesis examines the degree and effects of biting by predators (insects).
Further bachelor theses or master theses are still possible in this project, as long as summer is outside with these plants. Or also in the winter associated with growing new plants.
If you are interested, just send an email to christian.lampei (at) uni-münster.de
International puclications (peer-reviewed)
- Bucharova A, Lampei C, Conrady M, Matheja J, May E, Meyer M, Ott D. Choice of plant provenance for ecological restoration impacts pollinator network. May 2020.
- Stanik N, Lampei C, Rosenthal G. Drought stress triggers differential functional trait responses in the establishment and survival of Arnica montana seedlings. April 2020.
- Metz J, Lampei C, Bäumler L, Bocherens H, Dittbrenner H, Henneberg, L, De Meaux J, Tielboerger K. Rapid adaptive evolution to drought in a subset of plant traits in a large-scale climate change experiment. 2020 Preprint
- Stanik N, Lampei C, Rosenthal G (2020) Summer aridity rather than management shapes fitness-related functional traits of the threatened mountain plant Arnica montana. Ecology and Evolution 10 (11): 5069-5078 [doi: 10.1002/ece3.6259]
Lampei C, Wunder J, Wilhalm T, Schmid KJ (2019) Microclimate predicts frost-hardiness of alpine Arabidopsis thaliana populations better than elevation. Ecology and Evolution 9(23): 13017–13029 [doi:10.1002/ece3.5659] Open Access
- Lampei C (2018) Multiple simultaneous treatments change plant response from adaptive parental effects to within-generation plasticity, in Arabidopsis thaliana. Oikos 128: 368–379 [doi:10.1111/oik.05627]
- Richards CL, Alonso C, Becker C, Bossdorf O, Bucher E, Colomé‐Tatché M, Durka W, Engelhardt J, Gaspar B, Gogol‐Döring A, Grosse I, van Gurp TP, Heer K, Kronholm I, Lampei C, Latzel V, Mirouze M, Opgenoorth L, Paun O, Prohaska SJ, Rensing SA, Stadler PF, Trucchi E, Ullrich K, Verhoeven KJF (2017) Ecological plant epigenetics: Evidence from model and non‐model species, and the way forward. Ecology Letters 20: 1576–1590 [doi:10.1111/ele.1285] Preprint
- Groot MP, Kubisch A, Ouborg N, Pagel J, Schmid KJ, Vergeer P, Lampei C (2017) Transgenerational effects of mild heat in Arabidopsis thaliana show strong genotype specificity that is explained by climate at origin. New Phytologist 215: 1221–1234 [doi:10.1111/nph.14642]
- Lampei C, Metz J, Tielbörger K (2017) Clinal population divergence in an adaptive parental environmental effect that adjusts seed banking. New Phytologist 214: 1230–1244 [doi:10.1111/nph.14436]
- Günther* T, Lampei* C, Barilar I, Schmid KJ (2016) Genomic and phenotypic differentiation of Arabidopsis thaliana along altitudinal gradients in the North Italian Alps. Molecular Ecology 25: 3574–3592 [doi:10.1111/mec.13705] Preprint
- Yousef* E, Lampei* C, Schmid KJ (2015) Evaluation of cauliflower genebank accessions under organic and conventional cultivation in Southern Germany. Euphytica 201: 389–400 [doi:10.1007/s10681-014-1225-y]
- Günther* T, Lampei* C, Schmid KJ (2013) Factors aﬀecting intraspeciﬁc nitrogen stoichiometry of the Arabidopsis thaliana transcriptome. Molecular biology and evolution 30: 561–568 [doi:10.1093/molbev/mss249]
- Tielbörger K, Petruů M, Lampei C (2012) Bet‐hedging germination in annual plants: a sound empirical test of the theoretical foundations. Oikos 121: 1860–1868 [doi:10.1111/j.1600-0706.2011.20236.x]
- Lampei C, Tielbörger K (2010) Evolvability of between‐year seed dormancy in populations along an aridity gradient. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 100: 924–934 [doi:10.1111/j.1095-8312.2010.01453.x]
*shared first authorship