At the Münster Nanofabrication Facility, we open our doors once a year to:
- showcase our research
- highlight our cutting-edge instrumentation and newest technologies
- provide a forum for networking and interdisciplinary scientific exchange in the fields of nanoscience and nanofabrication
If you would like to be involved in MNF Day next year by giving a talk, participating in the poster session, or holding a company booth, please contact us!
MNF Day 2022 in review
It was the successful start of annual tradition! We brought together member scientists, technical staff, companies and international colleagues for a day of talks, networking, poster sessions and more.
We had special guest presentations from REACH, a support center for university start-ups, and Pixel Photonics, a new, home-grown start-up company using the MNF to fabricate single photon detectors. They shared their experience, giving real-world tips to students interested in taking their research ideas further.
REACH offered students the opportunity to sign up for further specialized workshops, and our guests on the day were able to participate in tours of our cleanrooms. Students nominated by their PIs were invited to participate in two dynamic poster sessions.
To view last year's schedule, see MNF Day 2022 in our archive.
Contest winners 2022
We had particularly creative entries from MNF members in our image contests. The winners were:
- First place, SEM image contest: Lin Jin with "Dali's first nanoscale mustache"
- 2nd place, SEM image contest: Corinna Kasper with "Strike in Nanobowling"
- 1st place, Selfie contest: Hendrik Voigt with "The fear of vacuum break during TEM sample exchange"
- 2nd place, Selfie contest: Suna Azhdari with "Would you like a nano cup of tea?"
See the winning images in the picture gallery above. To learn more about last year's contests, see MNF Day 2022 in our archive.
Company exhibition 2022
During MNF Day, attendees were able to meet and learn more about the companies that manufacture our instruments, some local and some from abroad:
- Pixel Photonics (sponsor of the selfie contest prize)
- REACH (sponsor of student workshops)
- Raith (sponsor of the SEM image contest prize)
- Nenovision (sponsor of second prize awards)
- University of Twente