Graduate School for Geoinformatics
The Graduate School for Geoinformatics offers a structured doctoral programme encompassing a variety of allied disciplines according to the following aims:
- to create an international centre of excellence for geoinformatic research
- to foster innovation through a highly interdisciplinary research environment with strong industry connections;
- to produce outstanding doctoral graduates who will be well positioned to compete internationally for strategic and leadership positions in industry, government, and academia.
The Graduate School for Geoinformatics has typically no open positions or scholarship opportunities. Applicants will be expected to apply for their own scholarships or supporting research positions (see Funding Opportunities)
- The „open call“ is an ongoing opportunity (without deadline) to directly apply to a supervisor for a principal admission to the Graduate School.
- In the (rare) case of available funding opportunities, we will announce a call for application at this website.
Reflecting the Graduate School’s interdisciplinary aims, applicants for doctoral positions may have educational or professional backgrounds in such fields as geoinformatics, computer science, geography, ecology, mathematics, or information systems.