The Interdisciplinary Centre for Electron Microscopy and Microanalysis (ICEM)
This major initiative is a co-operative venture between the Institutes of Mineralogy, Planetology, Physics and Geology to create a research environment in which several new instruments, as well as some existing instruments, are grouped together for the common use of members of these Institutes as well as other coworkers in the University. We believe that this Centre will provide a more efficient working environment as well as a forum for the discussion of projects which all have a central theme - the analysis of the structure and composition of solid materials.
The Instrumentation comprises:
- JEOL 3010 (300kV) Transmission Electron Microscope with Energy Dispersive X-ray Microanalysis and Electron Energy Loss (EELS) analysis with a GATAN Imaging Filter.
- JEOL 6300F Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscope with EDX X-ray Microanalysis System
- JEOL JXA 8900 Superprobe Electron Microprobe Microanalysis System
- JEOL 840 Scanning Electron Microscope
- JEOL 6610 Scanning Electron Microscope
Contact in the Institut für Planetologie: