Formal criteria for admission
All applicants applying to the Masters Program in Geoinformatics will be assessed against the following formal admission criteria:
- A maximum of 30 students will be admitted each year (usually, 18 students per winter semester and 12 students per summer semester will be admitted). The general entry requirements are defined by the respective national and state laws for Higher Education in Germany.
- All applicants must have an adequate Bachelor degree based on six semesters full time studies (= 180 ECTS credit points) or more, recognized in Germany for admission to graduate studies. The Examination board decides on the equivalence of other degrees.
- All applicants who are not of English mother tongue have to present a TOEFL certificate with a minimum of 550 points (paper-based), or an equivalent qualification for English. This can be another test from an acknowledged institution, e.g. IELTS (academics 6,5). Another option: you already passed a study program with English as a medium of instruction.
- Applicants will have to comply with the admission procedure:
- Complete and correct personal information
- Complete and certified supporting documents:
- Bachelor diploma including a grade transcript of records in English or German copy. A preliminary transcript of records of at least 150 ECTS credit points is sufficient for the application. At the time of admission, you must have completed the Bachelor degree.
- if applicable: Documentation of time spent abroad, working or other experience, certified (translated to English or German) copy
- Motivation letter for the Masters degree program
- European format CV (template)
- TOEFL test or equivalent
- Reference letters (minimum of 2)
- Proof of nationality (certified copy of passport)
- Passport photo
- List with reference names
- Other (if applicable)