The eleventh edition of the Young Geometric Group Theory (YGGT) workshop will take place from February 13 to 17, 2023 in Münster, Germany.
The workshop focuses on four main speakers, each giving a 4-hour mini-course on a topic in Geometric Group Theory. Their lectures present a panoramic overview over some important developments in their field with the goal to enable the participants to actively participate in the new directions of research emerging from these developments.
Besides the four main lecture series a number of plenary presentations are organized. The goal of these presentations is different: they try to make the participants aware of recent developments in geometric group theory, which are not covered by the main lectures. This is to broaden the scope of the workshop, and to encourage the participants to explore the boundaries of the subject.
Registration is now closed.
A detailed program can be found here.
- Federica Fanoni (Université Paris-Est Créteil)
- Mahan Mj (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research)
- Andreas Thom (Technische Universität Dresden)
- Genevieve Walsh (Tufts University)
The Organizing and Scientific Committees are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our community. We strive to attract a diverse group of participants and strongly encourage applications from individuals minoritized in Mathematics. Moreover, the YGGT strives to be family friendly and participants requiring family support to attend the event will be able to apply for this when registering.
We would also like to draw attention of attendees to environmental-friendly decisions regarding their travel to Münster. In particular, we encourage you to consider traveling by train whenever possible and keeping an eye out for other Mathematical and cultural events nearby taking place prior to or after the conference, in order to make the most out of your trip and reduce your carbon footprint. More information and recommendations about traveling to Münster will be posted on the Travel page.
- Giles Gardam (University of Münster)
- Kasia Jankiewicz (University of California Santa Cruz)
- Yuri Santos Rego (OvGU Magdeburg)
- Bakul Sathaye (University of Münster)
- Indira Chatterji (Université de Nice) - chair
- Dawid Kielak (University of Oxford)
- Nir Lazarovich (Technion - Israel Institute of Technology)
- Priyam Patel (University of Utah)
- Beatrice Pozzetti (Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg)
- Matt Zaremsky (University at Albany SUNY)