With some 2,400 students, 18 departments and 22 chairs, the Faculty of Catholic Theology at the University of Münster (WWU) is the largest of its kind in Europe. Its roots trace back until 1588 when a Jesuit school was built. Already in 1624, a programme of philosophical and theological studies existed to educate future teachers and priests. Our study programmes and research activities are organised into four theological sections – biblical, historical, systematic and practical –, a department of philosophy and a department of religious studies
Anglophone readers can find some information here.