PROMOS: Student mobility programme of the DAAD
In 2011, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) launched the PROMOS mobility programme which awards scholarships to German students to finance short-term (max. six months) study-abroad visits worldwide. Students of the University of Münster can submit their PROMOS application for specific study-related visits abroad directly to the University. Scholarship recipients are chosen by a faculty-internal selection committee.
- Study visits and short stays (1 to 6 months)
- Language courses (3 weeks to 6 months)
- Specialized courses (5 days to 6 weeks)
- Study trips
For further or supplementary information on PROMOS scholarships, please visit the pages of the Dean's Office of the Department or download here.
10/15 (for projects starting in January - June of the following year).
15.04. (for projects starting in the period July - December
The Institute of Ethnology offers its students the possibility to pursue a study term abroad in Europe under the ERASMUS program. Depending on their course of study, students can apply for an ERASMUS scholarship to study at one of our nine European partner institutes.
The administrative process of ERASMUS starts several months prior to the start of the exchange semester. Accordingly students should start planning for an exchange term ahead of time. Applications for ERASMUS are accepted once a year.
The deadline for applications for the academic year 2019-2020 will be announced. For detailed information please see Dr. Souleymane Diallo during his consultation (office) hours. Applications should include a letter of motivation, transcript of records, cv, and a language certificate for the medium of instructions and be submitted to the Institute of Ethnology in print.
For further information on ERASMUS and application requirements see the International Office’s homepage.
Contact person at the Institute of Ethnology: Dr. Souleymane Diallo
The deadline for Erasmus Application winter term 2022/23 and summer term 2023 is 14th of January 2022!
Our institute has the following Erasmus-partners:
- University of Helsinki, Social and Cultural Anthropology (MA/Doktoranden)
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Department of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology (BA/MA)
- Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Science Sociales, Paris, Ethnologie et anthropologie sociale (MA)
- Université de Paris Nanterre (Paris X), Departement d’ethnologie, prehistoire, ethno-musicologie (BA/MA)
- Université Marc Bloch, Strasbourg (BA/MA)
- Université de Bordeaux
- Universität Luzern, Ethnologisches Seminar
- University of Groningen, Religious Studies
- Radboud University Nijmegen, Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology
- University of Maribor, Faculty of Arts
- Univerzita Pardubice – Department of Social Sciences (BA)
* Special conditions apply
Concluded Exchange Projects
Cooperation with the Tata Institute for Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
With the special program "A New Passage to India" the DAAD is facilitating the academic exchange with India. The Institute for Ethnology is able to cultivate a cooperation with the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. This program is offering the students of the BA "Cultural and Social Anthropology" and the MA "Master in Social ANthropology" the opportunity to make an application for either a semsetr abroad, an internship with a NGO or a practical-reasearch for the Master-Thesis. The vacancies for the DAAD-Stipends will be announced.
TISS - Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, India
The Institute of Ethnology established a partnership with the Department of Social Anthropology at Rhodes University in Grahamstown/South Africa https://www.ru.ac.za/anthropology/. Thanks to DAAD-funding we are able to send 4 BA or MA students – irrespective of their citizenship - to the Eastern Cape for studying and research (à 6 months from February to July).
Deadline for the proposals will be announced!
For further questions please contact Dr. Markus Schleiter during the office hours without appointments.
- For more information regarding the Universitas Pattimura, Ambon, Indonesien, please contact: Prof. Dr. Platenkamp.