Veranstaltung des Career Service der WWU:
A.5.8 Labour Market and Application in Germany
ATTENTION: This class will be given online only!
In this workshop you will be given the opportunity to work on two central aspects of your career start: Having an international background, the culture and dos and don‘ts of the German labour market might still be a mystery to you. What is expected of applicants? What can applicants expect? Knowing the culture and the labour market better also helps to sucsessfully apply for your future job.
- overview of the German labour market and its culture(s)
- introduction to the application procedure in industry and in academia
- working with job portals
- writing an application
one-week online phase (learnweb)
- presentation of applications
- sequences of job interviews
- identifying next stepps
- You gain insights into the culture of the German labour market.
- You develop an application strategy.
- You write an application.
Who can take part?
All those who are currently studying or doing their doctorate at the University of Münster or who passed their final examinations at the University of Münster during the past year.
Leistungspunkte in den Allgemeinen Studien2
Scheduled date & time:
- Tuesday, 29th June 2021, 10.15 a.m.–4.45 p.m. (Zoom)
- One-week online period
- Tuesday, 6th July 2021, 10.15 a.m.–4.45 p.m. (Zoom)
The workshop runs over two days and includes an one-week online period.
In Zoom and Learnweb. We will communicate the details to everyone registered on time.
How can I obtain credit points?
If you are a Bachelor student and would like to obtain credit points by participating in a Careers Service event within the framework of General Studies (Allgemeine Studien), you are required to write a three-page reflection after having participated in the event and to submit this reflection by Tuesday, 31 August 2021, to the Careers Service.
The regulation above applies accordingly if you want to obtain credit points in study programmes other than the ”Zwei-Fach-Bachelor”.
You can find important information regarding the reflection here: www.uni-muenster.de/CareerService/en/programm/essay.html
How do I register for the events?
- You have to register online with the Careers Service: https://sso.uni-muenster.de/CareerService/php/sose_anmeldung.php?vid=A.5.8
- If you would like to obtain credit points within the General Studies framework (Allgemeine Studien) of the Bachelor degree courses, you will also have to register with QISPOS (in German only): www.uni-muenster.de/studium/en/pruefungen/qispos.html
The Careers Service staff cannot register you with QISPOS. We are able to record your credit points only if you register in time with both systems. Please keep the QISPOS registration deadlines in mind.
How do I cancel my registration?
If you are registered but cannot take part in the event, please make sure to cancel in time: www.uni-muenster.de/CareerService/Abmeldung www.uni-muenster.de/studium/pruefungen/qispos.html
If you have any questions, please contact:
University of Münster Careers Service
Telephone: 0251 83-32293