The Department of Communication (IfK) at the Unicersity of Münster (WWU) makes every effort to ensure that its websites comply with the national legislation implementing Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and the Council, as well as the law of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia on the equal treatment of people with disabilities (North Rhine-Westphalia Disability Equality Act - BGG NRW) and the Regulation on the creation of barrier-free information technology in accordance with the North Rhine-Westphalia Disability Equality Act (North Rhine-Westphalia Barrier-free Information Technology Regulation - BITVNRW) as defined in Art. 3 para. 1 of Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
This declaration complies with the requirements of §4 Barrier-free Information Technology Regulation North Rhine-Westphalia (BITVNRW).
State of compatibility with the requirements
This website is partially compatible with the requirements due to the following incompatibilities and exceptions. Due to decisions of the WWU administration, no changes can be made to the color concept.
Which areas are not barrier-free?
Areas that are not barrier-free:
- PDF downloads that were discontinued before 2020. PDF files uploaded later will be created in a barrier-free version or replaced by one as soon as possible.
- Subtitles of videos. For new videos we try to provide subtitles as soon as possible after publication. This also applies to seminar products.
- Isolated tables on persons and module structures. For the sake of clarity, these tables will not be changed. For machine-readable information we refer to the applicable examination regulations.
- Research projects whose project descriptions will be replaced by barrier-free information as soon as possible.
- Discontinued courses of study, as they are no longer offered.
- Press review. Here the link titles are already available.
- Press releases that were discontinued before 2019. PDF files posted later will be created in a barrier-free version or replaced by such files as soon as possible.
Report barrier! Feedback on accessibility
Have you noticed any shortcomings in the barrier-free access to contents of www.uni-muenster.de/Kowi/? Then you are welcome to contact us.
Department of Communication (IfK)
The Department of Communication is part of the University of Münster (WWU) Münster, a public corporation and at the same time an institution of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. The Institute is represented by the Managing Director.
We will endeavor to answer your inquiries within a reasonable period of time (usually a maximum of six weeks).
If you do not receive an answer or are wholly or partially dissatisfied with the answer, you can turn to the conciliation office for the Federal Equality Act. The conciliation office will examine your case and try to find a solution within the framework of a conciliation procedure.
You can reach the conciliation office at this address:
Conciliation Office for the Equalization of Disabled Persons Act at the Federal Government Commissioner for the Affairs of Persons with Disabilities
Phone: 030 18 527-2805
Fax: 030 18 527-2901
You can submit a request to the conciliation office to initiate a conciliation procedure. The application can be made by filling out an online form, in writing by post, by e-mail or for recording at the office of the conciliation office.
This declaration was prepared on: 04.10.2020
Last update on: 04.10.2020