Get first-hand African-German experience
This project offers you the unique opportunity to gain international experience and strengthen your intercultural capacity while collaborating with students from Ghanaian universities. In German-Ghanaian student teams, you will help companies from Ghana and Germany to develop their sustainability profiles. You will contribute your individual strengths and your academic knowledge, and apply and broaden your intercultural skills.
The participating companies Agravis, Fairafric, Infineon and Riela will present to you real-life challenges they face in their efforts to act sustainably, for example comparing recycling cultures in Ghana and Germany or how to convince farmers to work and produce in a sustainable way.
Over two weeks, you will cooperate online with your student colleagues from Ghana to develop ideas, strategies or even full solutions for the situations described by the companies. After the two-week working phase, in a final online workshop the German-Ghanain student teams will present their outcomes to the companies involved. Potential different approaches, ways of thinking, experiences and competences from Ghanaian and German students might, in working together, well produce creative and impressive results, which we are all looking forward to.
To guarantee efficient cooperation, the number of participating students is restricted to 20 maximum, ten from the University of Münster and five each from the University of Ghana and Ashesi University. Therefore, a selection process is carried out beforehand.
High motivation, flexibility and personal commitment are required to make this international student project a success and fun for all involved!
Process & Requirements
- Although application deadline was 31st of January 2024, there are still places left. Please apply the soonest possible. After your submission, you will then be informed promptly whether you have been selected for the project.
- Monday, 27th May 2024, 11.00 am–5.00 pm: Get to know & problem presentations
- Monday, 27th May – Thursday, 6th June 2024: Student teams work according to their own schedule. The workload will depend on your performance and that of your team colleagues. Expect around 20 working hours for e.g. online team meetings, research, preparing presentations.
- Friday, 7th June 2024, 11.00 am–5.00 pm: Presentation of the student teams to the companies
Requirements for earning 3 credit points
If you are studying for a Bachelor's degree and want to earn 3 credit points in General Studies with this Career Service course, you must write a five-page reflection after your participation in this special project seminar and submit it to the Career Service by Friday, 30th August 2024 at the latest.
This regulation applies in the same way if you wish to acquire credit points as part of other degree programs. Important information on the reflection can be found on the Career Service website at: www.uni-muenster.de/CareerService/programm/essay.html
Please apply via e-Mail to Dr. Jan Knauer, email@example.com, giving the following information:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Student number
- Uni user ID
- Subject of study
- Semester (Fachsemester)
- Bachelor/Master/Doctoral studies/alumnus
In the e-mail, please briefly answer the following questions:
- What is your motivation to partake in this German-Ghanaian student project on sustainability?
- What strengths can you bring in to an interdisciplinary and interculturally mixed student team?
- Which companies would you most like to work for and why? (we will try to accommodate your preferences, but cannot guarantee this)
Although application deadline was 31st of January 2024, there are still places left. Please apply the soonest possible. After your submission, you will then be informed promptly whether you have been selected for the project.