Interface physics group prof. dr. harald fuchs
The research activities of the “Interface Physics” group headed by Prof. H. Fuchs comprise:
- Development of new Scanning Probe techniques (STM, SFM, SNOM,SICM, DiPen)
- Generation and characterization of self-organized functional molecular systems
- Nanobiotechnology and Nanomedicine
- Ab inito computational investigations of molecular systems
- We synthesize functional porous nanoparticles and prepare their SAMs and NC hydrogels as nanobiomaterials to study cell-materials interactions
The group integrates physicists, chemists and biologists and coordinates numerous local and international research programs in the field of nanoscience and nanotechnology. The Interface Physics Group's competencies are devided into five fields of application: Cell Culture, Nanomaterials, Nanobiophotonics, Nanoscale Interface Analytics, SNOM and Thin Organic Films.