2nd Münster Symposium on Intelligent Matter
On Wednesday, 14th of June, 2023 the Collaborative Research Centre 1459 „Intelligent Matter“ proudly hosted MüSIM2023!
It truly was one highlight within our scientific calendar having brought together scientists at the national and international level for a day filled with inspiring talks, discussions on the latest developments and an outlook in the field, poster presentations, awards, networking and so much more.
MüSIM 2023 Awards & Prizes
We received several outstanding applications with impressive resumes for the MüSIM 2023 Young Researcher Award. This year two finalists were chosen to receive this prestigious award due to the truly remarkable impact within their own disciplines.
1. Yuhao Ji was chosen for his contribution:
Self-Regulated and Bidirectional Communication in Synthetic Cell Communities
in ACS Nano 2023, 17, 10, 8992-9002.
2. Dr. Michael te Vrugt was chosen for his contribution:
From a Microscopic Inertial Active Matter Model to the Schrödinger Equation
in Nature Communications 2023, 14: 1302.
Both awardees also gave a short talk on their contribution during the symposium.
Recipients of the MüSIM2023 poster prize were:
1. Dynamic Molecular Switches Based on HATNA Derivatives for Application in Neuromorphic Computing
By Alessandro Borrini and Christian A. Nijhuis of University of Twente
2. Adaptive Air-Water Interfaces with Spiropyran and Arylazopyrazole Photoswitches
By Michael Hardt, H.Gökberk Özcelik, David Bienek, Andreas Heuer, and Björn Braunschweig of University of Münster
3. Poly-L-Lysine-Coated Microfluidic Channels Enable Communication with Chemical Reaction Networks
By Aliye Hazal Koyuncu, Jacopo Movilli, Dimitrii V. Kriukov, Jurriaan Huskens, and Albert S.Y. Wong of University of Twente and
4. Creating Adaptive Liquid Crystals by Dynamic Covalent Chemistry
By Torben Neumann, Meik Blanke, and Michael Giese of University of Duisburg-Essen