Student Assistant with outstanding written proficiency in English
Applicants are invited for a student assistant position with the project of Christian Müller at the Cluster of Excellence „Religion and Politics“, to start as soon as possible. Preference will be given to applicants who are fluent in English (idiomatic, mother tongue) and study a social or historical science. Especially encouraged are students with an Anglophone background who study at the University of Muenster for a regular degree or Erasmus. The successful applicant will be paid on the basis of 28 hours per month; the employment is initially limited to six months and may afterwards be extended.
- Fluent and idiomatic written English and writing skills
- Studies and further interest in historical, political and social research and the relationship between science, religion and politics
Main fields of work:
- Work and research within a team on Christian’s history projects within the Cluster of Excellence (European History including the British Isles, 1840s-1940s)
- Proof-reading of and commenting on English scientific manuscripts/ drafts
- Assistant for conference management with English participants (i.a. the annual conference of the German Association for British Studies 2010)
We explicitly encourage women to apply. The applications of women with equal aptitude, qualification and academic achievements will be given priority, provided there are no prevailing reasons to the contrary. Handicapped candidates with equal qualifications will be preferentially favoured.
To apply, you will be required to provide a complete application (in English or German, including covering letter and statement of motivation, CV, and an academic transcript of courses and marks). Completed applications should be received by 1.00 pm on Thursday 9 October 2009, and returned to:
Julia Simoleit, M.A.
Graduiertenschule im Exzellenzcluster „Religion und Politik“